The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny - HoI2 AAR

Alright, I've finished modding the game and I'm ready to restart.

I've made a few changes:
  • All alliances are disolved. Commonwealth, Japanese and Chinese alliances are gone.
  • All puppets set free.
  • All armies, navies, and air forces have been deleted. Countries now have to build everything.
  • Every country has guarantee of independence on every other country.
  • USA has become USA, CSA, Texas, and California
  • Soviet Union has become Russia, Byelorussia, Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Transural Republic, Siberia, and Primorsk.
  • Egypt made independent.
  • For the fun of it I released Indochina

Feel free to make new bets.

And so, it begins again.

This time round I'll probably go for Germany as they lose the least from starting with 0 units.

I still support the USSR dammit!

But realistically, I support the Germans now

Got to bet on Germany now, must be in a strong position since the USSR and USA are broken up ...

Germany or USA since it got the lion's share of IC

If you have a save of the very beginning (or the scenario files), would you be so kind as to post it?

i on the United States. They have the least to fear in terms of neighbours' technological strength, and they retain a good amount of IC and a good bit of manpower (with more room to grow their manpower than the island nations I would otherwise bet on.)

Update 1 - Jan 1, 1936-June 1, 1936

The game starts off pretty slow. It takes about a month before any declarations of war roll in, by finally Japan randomly declares war on Italy, and from there, mayhem ensues. Every day ingame there is probably on average 7-8 new wars started. Of course, with no armies, there is very little action, but provinces start changing colour. Yeah, colour with a u. Big whoop. Want to fight about it? The very first casualty occurs in Europe, with the big mess that is the Byelorussian-Polish-Lithuanian-German war turning out badly for the Lithuanians, though its not looking good for the Byelorussians either. So, coming in dead last, is Lithuania, because someone has to finish last. Latvia is probably having a good laugh right now.

For our next casualty, we are off to Asia. Despite starting off in heavily fortified provinces, Communist China decides to send its newly built army off to explore Xibei San Ma, leaving the Nationalists with an open door in which to swoop in and annex the Communists. And so Mao is awarded with second last, but hey, at least they aren't Lithuania.

Now, lets head back to Europe, where things are really starting to heat up. Yugoslavia and Ukraine both end up attacking Romania at the same time, leaving Romania pretty much doomed. Ukraine ends up taking the majority of the land, and actually did more of the work, but since Yugoslavia took Bucharest, they get the credit for this elimination.

Remember how I mentioned in the first paragraph how things aren't looking good for Byelorussia? Go ahead, check, its still there. Back yet? Good, because things aren't going good for them. Poland, wisely deciding to take on Byelorussia instead of holding off the Germans who they are also at war with, end up taking down Byelorussia, who are hereby awarded 92nd place. I assume 92nd at least, since everytime I tried counting the number of countries in the scenario I got a different number.

The final elimination for this update occurs in Scandinavia. Finland gets attacked by Sweden and Russia, and Sweden, showing the same wise thinking of Poland, decided to invade their neighbour instead of fighting back the German invasion in the south. But anyways, Sweden takes the west, Russia takes everything else.

So now, lets take a look at what the world looks like.

Lets start with Europe. Italy invading Spain, and for the last few months they have been chasing each other around in circles, with Spain cutting off Italy from the coast, then Italy taking a different coast, and it all being just wacky. The Balkans is turning into a giant mess. And hey, who would have expected that? Its Ukraine vs Yugoslavia vs Bulgaria. And Bulgaria appears to have lost, with Greece also invading them. Yugoslavia and Ukraine appear to be going at it now. Ukraine is apparently upset about not getting the credit for defeating Romania. Armenia invaded Turkey, the Saudis invaded Jordan, and Iraq invaded Kuwait. Oh, and Germany. Yeah...things aren't going well for them. At first Poland, Netherlands, and Austria where invading Germany, while Germany launched that little expedition into Sweden, and Germany was actually doing a decent job of holding them back. But then Belgium and Czechoslovakia joined in, so if Germany can actually pull this off, I'll be very impressed.

North America is looking a little bit less crazy...for the moment. The USA is slowly working its way south against the Confederates. Texas is working its way into California and north in America's Great Plains. So things are playing out roughly as expected here. Though if Canada decides to invade the US, it would certainly make things interesting.

Asia is a lot less exciting. Only real changes are Nationalist China's annexation of the Communists and some border changes with Shanxi. And Nepal appears to be invading India, without bothering with Bhutan.

My bets are on Japan.
I was debating Japan or UK. But I think both those countries are island countries and the ai isn't great at amphibious landings. Same why I haven't gone for the US either. Most VP points are in Europe, so I think a continetal European country will win it.

I was messing around with the Doomsday files, and I accidentally broke the game and had to reinstall, losing the save file...But on the plus, I have ideas to improve on the AAR, so just give me a few days and I'll have it up and running again, and even better.

How convenient! ;)

I'm sticking with Russia, even if it is a mere husk. Ukraine is doing pretty impressive though - can you change the colour to make it not seem like a Ukraine/Czechoslovakian behemoth though?

It takes about a month before any declarations of war roll in, by finally Japan randomly declares war on Italy, and from there, mayhem ensues.
I like their initiative - I wager 50 interwebs on Japan as victor.

Also, to be a little bolder, another 20 interwebs that, in North America, Canada declares war on the United States, giving the CSA a chance at an upset victory in the western hemisphere before being ultimately beaten by Japan.

ComradeDavo said:
I was debating Japan or UK. But I think both those countries are island countries and the ai isn't great at amphibious landings.
Japan does still have Korea and northern China, though. It's just a matter of how they deploy their troops.

So, I was talking to Kan on Steam, and he suggested I change the colour of Ukraine to avoid confusion between them and Czechoslovakia. Long story short, I ended up breaking the game and had to reinstall, and once again, lost the save. So feel free to thank Kan for me having to start over AGAIN. :p

Top Bottom