1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The undead

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by overlordoftime, May 25, 2009.

1. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

:ahem: I believ the Wrinkle in Time series stated 5-d to be tesseract (which I assume to be of same nature as wormholes and space/time- maybe I needed different wording?)

As to the Spectre question, yes to both, but both would need a will save, the second perhaps would also need a concentration check.

The first would be a will save against the binds by its master,

the second would be a will save with DC of the roll given by second will save.

//given lore could be that the caster must posess a greater will to banish the miscreant than that spectre's will to remain active in this world.

2. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Dispite what that work of fiction might say, a tesseract is really just a hypercube (i.e., a 4D geometric shape that is to a cube as a cube is to a square).

3. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

-Lights one up- Duuude!!! thats like far-out!!!

Personally I am from the 9-11th dimension (of string law) there (ya know the strings that wiggle from up and right to down and inside). Here the undead frolic in a field of silver roses and get absolutely ticked when summoned to the first 3. Forget the 8th dimension it tends to be curled up in itself. :crazyeye:

FYI here is a good site to help one "see" a tesseract http://www.maa.org/editorial/knot/Tesseract.html

4. Rutee

Rutee Warlord

....Wait, so that key item I got in Devil Summoner 2 has a real world base somewhere? That honestly shouldn't surprise me as much as it does, but.. it's Math, not occultism, so it does.

5. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

AKK! apparantly tesseract has spread through several works of fiction and EVEN INTO REAL LIFE!!! oh noes .... we are being invaded by the tesseractium empire :wow::shake::hide::scared::dubious::eek:

6. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

Does Cthulu use tesseracts to drive people insane? (those who aren't in his immediate presence)

7. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

-takes thread topic slams it to the floor, picks it up and power drives it to china-

8. overlordoftime

overlordoftime Chieftain

exacly.. can we please get back on subject. I have a few more question, why and how are lichs in fall from heaven( or in fanasy in general) considered undead? and how smart are death knights?

9. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

I believe that the Lich's bind their soul to the body and keep said body from becoming inanimate through magical means ... said binding of soul similar to how a wraith has an object from their past, however the process of their soul being binded to this world through their newly magical body kills off the actual life of the cells. Basically the way I would understand it, is that their body immediately dies and starts the natural process of decomposition, and the soul-along with the intelligence- lives in the animated corpse.

I personally see Death Knights as being demons rather than the Undead, and that their service on Erebus is part of a contractual Obligation to a Demon Lord. As to their intelligence, it would be the same as when they were alive.