1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The undead

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by overlordoftime, May 25, 2009.

1. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I'm unaware of Cardith ever claiming to be a god, but he is described as a God-King in the pedia. I tend to think of his as an Enlightened despot who is in most circumstances an extremely tolerant ruler and would not start a religion to glorify himself. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean he would be particularly eager to put down unofficial cults devoted to him. The Cult of the Dragon is quite popular in his lands, and is tolerated although it conflicts with the teachings of the Kuriotates' official state religion. Eurabatres might be walking a very fine line here to try to let his people's faith in him grant immunity to the influence of the evil gods while not taking any direct action to set himself up as a divinity lest he become as corrupt of the evil he seeks to destroy.

Cardith could be an exception to the rule that worshiping oneself would count as worshiping Mammon, because he technically has 2 different selves that could worship and belong to each other.

2. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

What is their state religon?
    Yay, schizophrenia!!!

3. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Can you say that Cardith is schizophrenic if the voices are actually real? :p

4. Korias

Korias King

I think what you're thinking of is Shatner's Metropol*ytheism, an AAR with the Kurios. Something tells me it actually isnt like that, but instead the way Kurios cities are set up in the form of a handful of metropolises (metropolii?) and a billion settlements.

5. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

It was a joke :p

6. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

Wait, the voices aren't real most of the time? Man, this changes everything!!! No it doesn't!!! Yes it does!!! No! Yes! No! You don't exist!!! YES I DO!!! NO YOU DON'T!! ARGH!!!! (ends up wrestling self on ground)

7. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

I was merely stating that the gods other than the One would be contrained to work within the three dimensions just like us humans,

as true time travel would obviously be allowed by the One who would be working in 5 dimensions at least.

and Im pretty sure us humans have a pretty strong grasp on manipulating the three basic dimensions ;)

8. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

*attempts to move a cube across a 2-D square*

Nope, I don't think I have a strong grasp on them :p

9. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

hardy har har

space = 1-3

time = 4

spacetime = 5

10. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I was under the impression that physicists like to call time the 0th dimension now, and leave the 4 through 11 for for spacial dimensions only really used in string theory (the exact number can vary based on which form of string theory of course).

11. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

oOoooOoh ... SHINYYYYYY. I must hear more. I like my way better, as thats how it was explained to me, like 5 differnt times by 5 differnt people, but ya know, this way seems mildly curious.

12. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I don't believe that Spacetime was ever classed as a dimension of it's own... It's the sum of the actual dimensions, not a separate one. I hadn't heard 0th dimension before, but it makes sense given the rest of string theory...

13. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

I was pretty sure 4-d was were teseract and what not existed. Or the drug you need to take to see tesseract.
    After all, you thry building a Tesseract house.

14. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Wait a minute, how did a discussion about the undead turn into a discussion about mortal leaders giving protection to their devouts and then into all sorts of space time mayham? :crazyeye:

15. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

Same way we learn anything in the forums, by one comment being vastly exploded beyond belief. Not saying that's a bad thing though.

16. Darksaber1

The Overlords made me do it...

17. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

Oh, blame the unknown, unknowable, insane deities that is beyond our kin to understand. I see were this is going! Cthulu, grant me the power to smite this heretic, this one who would use your brethrens' name in vain! Long life to Azathoth!!!
    (Collapses on the ground from fresh burst of insanity)

18. Darksaber1

Ahah! But my devot belief in the God of Evolution will protect me from all danger from our gods! Ahaha!

19. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Too bad, my belief in a giant mechanical robot thing that I just sent to kill you shall crush your head in. Literally.

Now, were we talking undead? Then I have a question, can spectres resist the order of the Necromancer who summoned them because they still have a will?

20. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

And, to add to that question, can the necromancer simply shut them down and cast them back into death at will if they do so?