• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Vanguard

Episode 39? Xerxes Revenge? HaHaHa!

BasketCase, these were just great, thanks.

I think Xerxes dies here, 1889. :)
Hey psweetman, it looks like we both lost the bet. :lol:

Don't count him out yet. Episode 39 starts out with a knock-down-drag-out fight between Xerxes and Drasha. She has a gun, but he has...a fluffy plush toy!

Well, it was mild cheating considering it was supposed to be Always War... :mischief:

I am Gen'Shar--I MAKE THE RULES. :king:

(Besides, and be honest here--how many times have you dreamed of pulling a treaty rape on an opponent in a Civ game?? ESPECIALLY Xerxes.... :) )

You have a point, but reputation doesn't matter here because you are always at war. And I would be happier doing it to Shaka, Joan, Gandhi, or Bismarck :mischief:.

Especially Gandhi. :mad: You could not believe how bloodthirsty that little bald man gets.

I would even say that this particular deal counts as not violating AW (at least in spirit) if the Emperor made the treaty and then broke it in the same turn. But who cares? They're Gen'Shar. They can do whatever they want.

Who thinks he's going to do the same thing to Gandhi? :mwaha:

I only want to hurt they guys riding on them that shoot arrows and spears at me. :)

Any time you can cheat the AI with their own tricks is a good thing, I think it's safe to say this falls within the parameters of always war. Only if the peace treaty lasted past the turn break would it count as an actual treaty. Great job, as always.

I hope you reconsider on more episodes, but thanks for all that you made, they were very good.

Hey psweetman, it looks like we both lost the bet.
I was wise enough not to make a bet on something I could not control. ;)

Wonderful story BasketCase. I really hope you do make some more episodes.

Uhhh....okay, I've seen a couple of people saying "the end" in various ways here, so let me clarify something:

It's only the end of Episode 39. The story continues!

There won't be a fight scene between Drasha and Xerxes, however, for two reasons: one being that there's no way I could do any poses with Xerxes (unless I, say, took Drew Carey's body and pasted Xerxes' head on top, which would look even more ridiculous than most of the Image Editing Thread gags!), and the other is we all know perfectly well Xerxes never had a chance. :D

His empire hasn't fallen completely yet (believe me, the Persian remnants are gonna get it bad!) but Xerxes is darned well dead. :eek:

You mean episode 38. So who leads the Persian Empire now?

I think this is the source of the "confusion".

Indeed, that had me fooled. To make it worse, you then referred to the upcoming episode as the conclusion.

Right, now I can see that you meant the conclusion to the specific situation and not to the story... :p

My scheduling executive and advert chief are
Spoiler :

FIRED.

BasketCase is now hiring. Available positions include a schedule writer for arrangement of programming, and an advertisement executive to storyboard, write, and finalize advertising for the series.

No pay. Send resumes to BasketCase via PM.

Edit: okay, enough screwing around. Shutting up now. Off to write ep. 39.

Hahahaha! Does that mean that episodes are going to come more or less frequently now?

Top Bottom