The Vox Populi Challenge No. 12 - Brexit

Afraid I'm getting crashes still after reinstalling with either the 3-14 1b or 2b betas. Can't quite work out why just yet, will have another go later.

You have all DLCs, haven't you? I did nothing different from the other challenges (that you managed to load).

Uploading entry for Prince and Immortal.

Spoiler Spoiler :

As usual I was more tempted to play standard Civ game instead of going full scale for the scenario goal but well - it was FUN. That's all that matter :)

Finished in turn:
Spoiler Turns :
Prince 314
Immortal 329

Attachments

• Challenge12_Prince_Dejagore.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 119
  • Challenge12_Immortal_Dejagore.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Prince save in attachment

Spoiler :

It was rather easy. After conquering Berlin and Vasaling Germany I thought I would have peace. But then Rome attacked me(protection pact with Poland) and I was forced to Vasalize him also (Rome conqured). Poland lost his capital to France so during Protection agreement war I have reconqured it and Vasalized France as well. During war with France, Austria tried to backstab me, but I left half army on main continet and also Vasalized her. In the end only Poland was left free. I even was 15 techs ahead of France + only one with any Ideology (Freedom), but during last congress they took city-states back and passed Sanction on me - well it didnt matter in the end because on the same congress I have finished Banning Travel and finished challenge.

Finished in turn:
Spoiler :
Turn 304 // 1752 GPT brutto ; 126 GPT netto

Attachments

• Thomas_e_Challenge12_Prince.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
Immortal save in attachment

Spoiler :

Maybe I will write description tomorrow.

Result:
Spoiler :

Turn: 310; Gold 1337 brutto; 355 GPT netto

Attachments

• Thomas_h_Challenge12_Immortal.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 132
We are hours away from the submission date for the last challenge of this season! At this exciting moment, I want to bring up a last point for the setup of the next season (probably starting the week after easter) and invite you to give me your ideas and opinions about the subject of the challenge's difficulty:

The thing is that I'm not 100% happy with dividing the number of participants into two groups of difficulty and that the first challenge started almost a year ago and I feel that the ongoing development of VP has affected difficulty (Immortal got harder due to the improved AI). Unfortunately, I don't see an easy fix to this: The only possibility would be to choose a difficulty in between 4 and 7 (that would most probably be 6) to unify the challenges - at the obvious risk of losing participants at both ends of the spectrum. On the other hand, it's also possible that people didn't participate until now because 4 is too easy and 7 too hard for them. Anyways, I'd like to have your opinion on this subject and would also appreciate any other ideas you have here. At the moment, I'm not convinced enough that the above change would change the challenge for good, so I tend to leave things as they are, but any thoughts are welcome to convince me in any direction.

6 sounds fine.
I avoided challenges for a while for 2 reasons:
- I played on 6 (now 7) and didn't want to go up 1 step nor down 2 step
- I prefer modpacks
But in the end I can deal with the latter.

Prince participants should be the one commenting since they're the ones risking "exclusion".

Final Results

With the 12th challenge, the first season of the Vox Populi challenge is finally over after almost a year of exciting Vox Populi gameplay. For the usual display of results look at the third post of this thread, here I'll address the infal results. Over the season, a total of 26 players participated in at least one challenge, The record for the most saves submitted holds Thomas8 (17 total, 9 on Prince, 8 on Immortal) closely followed by Dejagore (15 total, 11 on Prince, 4 on Immortal). Interestingly, no player won more than two challenges in either Prince or Immortal.

The Prince season had an average of 5 submissions per challenge and its scoreboard has 20 participants on it. No long talk, here's what came out of it:

:trophy: Winner: Dejagore :trophy:
with 121 points (two wins, four 2nd places, one 3rd place, eleven total submissions)

:trophy2nd:
Silver Medal: Thomas8 :trophy2nd:
with 93 points (one win, two 3rd places, nine total submissions)

:trophy3rd:
Bronze Medal: Nemoens :trophy3rd:
with 62 points (two 2nd places, six total submissions)

The Immortal season had an average of 3 submisisons per challenge and had a total of 14 players participating. Thanks to a shared 3rd place, four peope enter the podium:

:trophy:
Winner: Thomas8 :trophy:
with 101 points (eight 2nd places, nine total submissions)

:trophy2nd:
Silver Medal: CrabHelmet :trophy2nd:
with 50 points (one win, two 2nd places, four total submissions)

:trophy3rd:
Bronze Medals: Dejagore and Nemoens :trophy3rd:
with 48 points (one win, four total submissions for both)

I'm very sorry that Nemoens didn't manage to load the save for this challenge as for the Immortal podium, it could have changed a bit (though Dejagore might be happy that it didn't).

Congratulations to the winners and medalists! As advertised, Dejagore and Thomas8 will be immortalized (no pun intended) and incorporated as Great People of their choice into VP. A big thanks to @Gazebo again for this generous contribution to the challenge - apart from the tiny contribution called Vox Populi.

I'd like to thank also all participants of the challenges. It was fun making them and being surprised by your performances - to pick an example, I was seriously awed by the 29-tiles limes Dejagore built in the Rome challenge, I had expected much less. Also, the reactions were quite positive (though the negative ones might have just kept to theirselves, but whatever), so I'm very happy with how it turned out.

As a last point, how does it continue? Well, for sure I'll be making a second season of the challenges, starting in the weeks following Easter. Some things will change, of course, as not everything worked out perfectly. In case you have any comments, the current draft for the next season looks like that:

1) The season will have a length of 8 individual challenges (down from 12), with 5 scores counting (from 83% dowh to 63%).
2) The points for placements will be reduced and possibly made dependent on the number of submissions (I'm thinking of 6/4/3/2/1... for up to 5 participants and 7/5/3/2/2/1... for 6 or more)- these two changes should have the effect that missing out challenges is less hard and good placements count more than continuous participation).
3) The challenges will only be available at difficulty 6 (Emperor): I believe that dividing the field is not good and hope that this is the best difficulty to reach most of the people that are interested. Please object if this is a crucial point for you.
4) You will have about 3-4 weeks to submit for the challenges (rather than about 2). No one should be excluded from participating due to a tight schedule.

The other parameters will stay more or less the same.

Just wanted to note that I loved seeing these challenges last year and wanted to know if there was plans to kick it off again this year. My crazy thought, what if you played on Settler difficulty but did some absolutely crazy challenges. It would give people a chance to see how Settler players experience VP, which is probably a good viewpoint for final polish of the game

Top Bottom