1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

The wiki

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Úmarth, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

While there is lots of useful information on the wiki I think it is very difficult to find, I regularly find myself unable to locate things like the atlas. There's also a lot of information there which is now outdated and could potentially confuse those who don't obsessively follow the updates like us :D Finally I see a lot of information especially in regards to game mechanics and strategy being worked out in the forums which it would be nice to put in the wiki but I think the general disorder there discourages people from doing it.

Any way, I'm going to start to clean up what I can and I've started this thread to ask people to do the same and to discuss things. For starters, it would be nice to work out a useful way to categorise information so it can be reached easily from the front page.

2. Talkie_Toaster

Talkie_Toaster I toast, therefore I am

I second this. Also high on priorities should be redirects, so that searching for "Atlas" will give you the atlas, etc.

There should definitely be a categorisation system. I'll work on it tomorrow, it's time for bed here :p

3. Walliard

Walliard WW007D?

On the subject of the wiki, I've created an account, but when I try to edit a page I get this error:
    Is there anything specific I need to do?

4. Talkie_Toaster

I think your account needs to be approved by a mod. I'll change that tomorrow (I'm the admin), but I really gotta go.

5. Walliard

Walliard WW007D?

Alright, thanks. Same name as CivFanatics, by the way.

6. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

7. Harrier

Harrier Chieftain

I have not been able to play R&F for over a year or more. I have not even tried the BTS version.

So will some one please update the stability pages.

Remember Rhye does not want numbers shown, i.e. +1 or +2, just general indicators of + or -.

I used +/- for a value between 1 and 10, and ++/-- for values greater than 10.

From reading some posts, I know that things have changed that are not in the Wiki. Or previous entries have changed (Golden Age and anarchy, etc.).

But as I have not played recently, I can not verify these comments.

So if a current player could do that. :goodjob:

Thanks guys.

8. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

I've gone ahead and put up a new front page. It looks a little neater and I've added some more information (including a list of some things I think need doing). Of course if anyone feels they can improve it go ahead.

9. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

I didn't need any approval to edit the wiki from a moderator. You probably aren't "signed in" at wikidot.com if you get this error message. You will need to log/sign in and enter the password you chose when you started your account at wikidot.

Use the link at the top right of the screen http://wikirhye.wikidot.com/ to log in to the wiki.

10. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

Nice work here.

11. Walliard

Walliard WW007D?

I'm definitely logged in.

12. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

Right-o, my only other suggestion is that maybe someone else is editing the page you are trying to edit at exactly the same time? But I would have thought this would raise a slightly different error message.

I saw that same message as you included above before I created an account and logged in. After that though, editing worked just fine for me last week.

13. say1988

say1988 Chieftain

Or toaster changed it so that new people could edit it, since then........

14. sedna17

sedna17 Chieftain

I had the same problem as Walliard initially. I had already created a wikidot account, but could not edit a page. Then I saw on the left-hand column of the wiki the "Join" link. Clicking on that while logged in will give you the option to join this particular site with the "secret" password listed there. I did this, and got an error:

You can not apply.
    It seems you already are a member of this site.

But, hey, after that I could edit pages, so something worked.

15. Talkie_Toaster

Yeah, it sometimes does that. The reason for the requirement of a password is so that spambots can't infiltrate the place as easily.

Úmarth, great work!

16. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

I've noticed a empty congress page. Can anyone provide some tips?

17. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Chieftain

Your will be done.:) Note that this was done from memory, so please correct any mistakes.
    I also added a link in the strategy section.

18. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

awesome, thanks heaps!
    Actually, people who will use it should thank you, not me ;)

19. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

hey, can anyone update the readme page, with the new readme file? I don't know how to