The wiki

Úmarth

Megalomaniac
While there is lots of useful information on the wiki I think it is very difficult to find, I regularly find myself unable to locate things like the atlas. There's also a lot of information there which is now outdated and could potentially confuse those who don't obsessively follow the updates like us :D Finally I see a lot of information especially in regards to game mechanics and strategy being worked out in the forums which it would be nice to put in the wiki but I think the general disorder there discourages people from doing it.

Any way, I'm going to start to clean up what I can and I've started this thread to ask people to do the same and to discuss things. For starters, it would be nice to work out a useful way to categorise information so it can be reached easily from the front page.

I second this. Also high on priorities should be redirects, so that searching for "Atlas" will give you the atlas, etc.

There should definitely be a categorisation system. I'll work on it tomorrow, it's time for bed here :p

On the subject of the wiki, I've created an account, but when I try to edit a page I get this error:
Sorry, you can not edit this page. Only members of this site, owner (creator) of this page, site administrators and perhaps selected moderators are allowed to.
Is there anything specific I need to do?

I have not been able to play R&F for over a year or more. I have not even tried the BTS version.

So will some one please update the stability pages.

Remember Rhye does not want numbers shown, i.e. +1 or +2, just general indicators of + or -.

I used +/- for a value between 1 and 10, and ++/-- for values greater than 10.

From reading some posts, I know that things have changed that are not in the Wiki. Or previous entries have changed (Golden Age and anarchy, etc.).

But as I have not played recently, I can not verify these comments.

So if a current player could do that. :goodjob:

Thanks guys.

I've gone ahead and put up a new front page. It looks a little neater and I've added some more information (including a list of some things I think need doing). Of course if anyone feels they can improve it go ahead.

On the subject of the wiki, I've created an account, but when I try to edit a page I get this error:

Is there anything specific I need to do?

I didn't need any approval to edit the wiki from a moderator. You probably aren't "signed in" at wikidot.com if you get this error message. You will need to log/sign in and enter the password you chose when you started your account at wikidot.

Use the link at the top right of the screen http://wikirhye.wikidot.com/ to log in to the wiki.

I didn't need any approval to edit the wiki from a moderator. You probably aren't "signed in" at wikidot.com if you get this error message. You will need to log/sign in and enter the password you chose when you started your account at wikidot.

Use the link at the top right of the screen http://wikirhye.wikidot.com/ to log in to the wiki.

I'm definitely logged in.

Right-o, my only other suggestion is that maybe someone else is editing the page you are trying to edit at exactly the same time? But I would have thought this would raise a slightly different error message.

I saw that same message as you included above before I created an account and logged in. After that though, editing worked just fine for me last week.

I had the same problem as Walliard initially. I had already created a wikidot account, but could not edit a page. Then I saw on the left-hand column of the wiki the "Join" link. Clicking on that while logged in will give you the option to join this particular site with the "secret" password listed there. I did this, and got an error:

You can not apply.
It seems you already are a member of this site.

But, hey, after that I could edit pages, so something worked.

I had the same problem as Walliard initially. I had already created a wikidot account, but could not edit a page. Then I saw on the left-hand column of the wiki the "Join" link. Clicking on that while logged in will give you the option to join this particular site with the "secret" password listed there. I did this, and got an error:

You can not apply.
It seems you already are a member of this site.

But, hey, after that I could edit pages, so something worked.

Yeah, it sometimes does that. The reason for the requirement of a password is so that spambots can't infiltrate the place as easily.

Úmarth, great work!

Your will be done.:) Note that this was done from memory, so please correct any mistakes.
I also added a link in the strategy section.

Top Bottom