thecowwarrior's British Empire

thecowwarrior

Warlord
thecowwarrior's British Empire v1.0

Background:
This mod replaces the English Empire with the British Empire. I was inspired to create this by Mozza's old mod. There are no gameplay changes. Feel free to use this mod however you wish.

Features:
-Unique UnitArtStyle with many flavor units, most change to match era (very early units are celtic, middle ages units wear crusader garb, red coats are no longer worn in modern era, etc)
-Four new leaderheads for Britain with unique diplomacy music and diplomacy text
-Better graphics by addition of Improved Graphics for CIV v2.0 by Chuggi and Blood Spatter effects by seZereth/Walter Hawkwood
-Revised city list to include cities from across all of Britain
-Historical names for Redcoat units
-Replaced St. George's Cross with Union Jack
-Changed British civ color to scarlet red, as their maps were traditionally colored

Notes:
There are no bugs that I am aware of, but if any are found I will correct them ASAP. I am considering adding the Cultural Citystyles mod sometime in the future.

Credits:
Spoiler :
Chuggi, Walter Hawkwood, seZereth, Firaxis, danrell, Refar, fk2006, asioasioasio, Snafusmith, JustATourist, AchillesZero, AlazkanAssassin, KrugerPritz, Buddy3101, Zerver, saibotlieh, coffee junkie, dacubz145, Seasnake

Extra special thanks to Mozza for the inspiration to create this, and to GeneralMatt not only for all his work I used, but also for his support. Thanks!

Have fun!

Attachments

• early.jpg
    early.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 315
  • middle.jpg
    middle.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 270
  • industrial.jpg
    industrial.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 299
  • modern.jpg
    modern.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 322
  • ships.jpg
    ships.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 281
  • air.jpg
    air.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 222
  • mainscreen.jpg
    mainscreen.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 218
  • leaders.jpg
    leaders.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 360
Comments/complaints are both welcome. I had fun putting this little mod together, I hope that anyone who downloads it enjoys it! Please remember to rate. :)

Nice look... I especially like how your settler unit includes a saucy wench as the mom. The Bond as you spy unit was a natural. Well rendered.

I got a question about the leaderheads. In the lower left corner, is that King James I or is that Shakespeare? For that matter, is that Pitt the Elder or Mad King George III in the top row? If it's G3 as your leaderhead, the civ should have a penalty for building colonies more than 20 tiles away from the homeland.

Nice look... I especially like how your settler unit includes a saucy wench as the mom. The Bond as you spy unit was a natural. Well rendered.

I got a question about the leaderheads. In the lower left corner, is that King James I or is that Shakespeare? For that matter, is that Pitt the Elder or Mad King George III in the top row? If it's G3 as your leaderhead, the civ should have a penalty for building colonies more than 20 tiles away from the homeland.

Lower left is Henry VIII, and it is indeed George III in the top row. Both leaderheads came from Colonization. Your idea would make for a pretty neat mod, perhaps you should create it. :goodjob: I'm afraid my intent for my mod here is to leave the core gameplay unchanged. Also, the Bond unit is the one that shipped with the game. ;)

Top Bottom