• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Themeless Micro: Dethy7 - Mafia Win

World 3: Assume Choxorn is Insane
this means Gamez is maf, I'm paranoid, and Bianca is town. We need to find the Sane cop

If the Sane Cop is Arakhor, we only have one mafia, which is impossible.
If the Sane Cop is Bianca, Argon is naive and Arakhor is mafia.
If the Sane Cop is Argon, Bianca is naive and Arakhor is mafia.

In conclusion, the only possible world where Choxorn is Insane Cop, from a neutral (no town assumptions) perspective is:
I'm paranoid, Bianca / Argon are naive / sane, and Gamez and Arakhor is mafia.

vote: No Lynch

I'm taking a break for now, but I'm almost certain that there a logical solution that we can flowchart out to resolve this.

No Lynch - (1)
Marcher Jovian

Not Voting
GamezRule
Arakhor
Biancasbotique
Choxorn
LordArgon

You have 7 and a half hours left to vote

vote: No Lynch

I'm taking a break for now, but I'm almost certain that there a logical solution that we can flowchart out to resolve this.

Kinda surprised you're not voting for Arakhor, you went through the possibilities yourself, in the worlds where you're town he's 100% guaranteed to be scum, with either me or Gamez as his scumbuddy, depending on which one of us is telling the truth

Gotta say, like your flowcharts. Everyone else should construct similar flowcharts for the worlds where I'm lying, I'm sane, or I'm insane, although I'm pretty sure every possibility where I'm telling the truth has already been laid out. Let's figure this out.

I cannot be a mafia..that leaves me either Im naive, insane or sane

if I am insane, then Marcher and LordArgon are both scums.

So I have a feeling Im either naive or sane

okay does it make sense that I am sane cop and that means Marcher and Lordargon are scums...would that be a possibility?

Actually, looking through my and Marcher's flowhcarts, we've already exhausted every possibility, I've given every world where I'm telling the truth, he's given every world where he's telling the truth, and we couldn't possibly be both lying, then Gamez is Paranoid but nobody is insane.

There are exactly 5 possible worlds:

1. Marcher/Bianca Scum, Me Sane, GamezRule Paranoid, Arakhor Naive, Argon Insane
  2. Gamez/Arakhor Scum, Me Insane, Marcher Paranoid, Bianca Sane, Argon Naive
  3. Gamez/Arakhor Scum, Me Insane, Marcher Paranoid, Bianca Naive, Argon Sane
  4. Arakhor/Me Scum, Marcher Paranoid, Gamez Insane, Bianca Naive, Argon Sane
  5. Arakhor/Me Scum, Marcher Paranoid, Gamez Insane, Bianca Sane, Argon Naive
I know the last two aren't true, but I'll include them here to gather everything together.

Marcher and Bianca both know Arakhor is scum if they're town, and if Arakhor is town, the scumteam is exactly Marcher/Bianca

Argon is town in every possible world, but he really has no way of eliminating any of the 5 possibilities, while I can only eliminate the worlds with me scum, and Gamez, if town, likewise

okay does it make sense that I am sane cop and that means Marcher and Lordargon are scums...would that be a possibility?

I assume you mean you're the insane cop, not the sane one? You saw both them as town

In any case, that would mean that Gamez, me, and you are all town, which is impossible, because regardless of which cop I am I can't find Gamez town, you scum if you're both the same alignment.

I assume you mean you're the insane cop, not the sane one? You saw both them as town

In any case, that would mean that Gamez, me, and you are all town, which is impossible, because regardless of which cop I am I can't find Gamez town, you scum if you're both the same alignment.

I meant is there a possiblity I am sane, then that means both Marcher and LordArgon are town exactly.

If I am insane, they are both scums, is that a possbility?

so I am either naive or sane? or am I going insane now lol

Guess you just misspoke then, because you insane is clearly impossible

If you're sane, then yes, Marcher and Argon are town. Argon saw you and Marcher town, so if you're sane, he's naive, and Marcher is either Paranoid or Insane. But Marcher couldn't be Insane, since that would mean Arakhor is town, and with all other cops exhausted he'd have to be Paranoid, which he can't be. So if you're sane, Argon is Naive, and Marcher is Paranoid, and one of me, Gamez, and Arakhor is insane, but Arakhor saw you and Argon town, so he can't be insane if you're both town, so he's scum. Me and Gamez could both be insane in that case, and whoever isn't insane is scum

Well, I know I'm not scum. The only player with any incentive to lie was killed last night. Based off of the logic other people have graciously provided, if I'm not scum then Arakhor is also not scum. The best option would then be either Bianca or MJ. That all being said, @choxorn it really comes down to you. Based off of everything that happened earlier, I just don't feel any scum vibes from you. However, the confusion with MJ and Bianca, trying to throw all the reads on one person, is actually extremely scummy in this game. It doesn't matter who we vote for, but...

vote: Marcher Jovian

Based off of everything I can gather, the towns best chance is if the reads are disbursed. It's definitely not in the towns best interest to keep the reads on one person because it limits the amount of information available and gives the mafia a chance to use the additional information to identify the sane/insane cop and kill them.

##Vote: Arakhor

The logician side of me really wants to figure out a solution where town has a guaranteed victory if we no-lynch today but I keep tripping up on trying to distinguish Choxorn / Gamez worlds where mafia kills one of Bianca / Argon and the other returns town. If people don't want to no lynch today I guess parking a vote on Arakhor is the right play.

Well, unless I'm missing something, those 5 possibilities I laid out are the only ones, so time to figure out some night action plans

Marcher is always either Paranoid or Scum, and Arakhor is always either Naive or Scum, so what they do is irrelevant

In any world where I'm not scum, I will scan Marcher and Bianca as scum, Gamez and Arakhor as town, so I should scan Argon. If I'm sane, I'll read him town, if I'm insane, I'll read him as scum.

If Gamez not scum, he always sees Argon, Bianca, and Marcher as scum, but he'll read Arakhor and me as town if he's Insane (since if he's insane we're scum) and he'll read us as scum if he's paranoid, so he should scan one of us

If Bianca not scum, she always sees Argon and Marcher as town. She sees Arakhor as scum if she's Sane and as town if she's Naive, and she'll see Gamez and me as town if she's Naive, or if she's Sane and we're town, but she'll see us as scum if she's sane and we're scum.

Argon is confirmed not scum. Argon has already seen Marcher/Bianca town. If he's insane, any one of me/Gamez/Arakhor he scans will come up scum. If he's naive, he will scan all three of us as town. If he's sane, he always sees Arakhor scum, and depending on which one of me and Gamez is scum, he'll see one of us as town and one of us as scum.

The scum likely kill Argon, though, since he's confirmed town. They never kill Arakhor, since dead Arakhor confirms the scumteam is exactly Bianca/Marcher, while one of Bianca and Marcher dying confirms Arakhor is scum. The various Arakhor teams never kill Marcher, since that confirms Arakhor scum and since Marcher is the Paranoid cop if Arakhor is scum, he gives no useful information with his scans.

Actually, wait, no, if the scumteam is Bianca/Marcher, if I scan Argon and Gamez scans either me or Arakhor, they are now forced to kill one of us; both of our results would confirm them as the scumteam, and we couldn't be the scumteam, so both of us getting to reveal our results is a guaranteed loss for them. Argon always gets a scum result in this case, but that tells him only either that he's insane or sane. In that case, it would make the most sense to scan either me or GamezRule, not tell us which one, and hope he scans the same one the mafia kills, which would confirm him as Insane and confirm Bianca/Marcher as scum.

If Arakhor/Gamez or Arakhor/Me killed Argon, that would confirm Arakhor is scum; Town Marcher/Bianca already know Arakhor is scum, and either my result (if I'm town) or Gamez' result (if he's town) would confirm the scumteam to us, so if one of these scumteams kills Argon, Arakhor is 100% the lynch tomorrow, then if Bianca got lucky and is the Sane cop and saw the other one of Gamez and Me as scum that's basically game; in any case either of these scumteams almost always kill Bianca N3, leaving F3 of Marcher/Me/Gamez, with Marcher maybe knowing which one of is scum if Bianca got a scum result on N2

If Arakhor/Gamez or Arakhor/Me killed the one of Gamez/Me that isn't town, then Argon scanning me/GamezRule would confirm the scumteam if he scans the one of us that dies (since he'd then know either he's sane or naive which results in the Arakhor/survivor scumteam, or he's insane which results in the Bianca/Marcher scumteam). If he scans the one of us that survives and gets a town result, that confirms he's the naive cop, which confirms the Arakhor/survivor scumteam; if he gets a scum result, that confirms he's either the sane cop or the insane cop but doesn't tell him which one he is.

Arakhor/Gamez or Arakhor/Me could plausibly kill Bianca, though that again confirms Arakhor is scum; the townie of me/Gamez knows the other is scum, while Marcher doesn't know much and Argon could possibly know what the scumteam is depending on his result; If he's Sane, and he scanned the one of me and Gamez that is scum, then like the world where Argon was the nightkill and Bianca got a scum result, that's basically game; in any case, Argon is always the N3 kill, again leaving a Me/Marcher/Gamez F3.

To sum up:

Marcher, Arakhor- do whatever
I scan Argon
Gamez scans either me or Arakhor, which one he chooses his irrelevant
Bianca and Argon should both scan either me or GamezRule, and critically, do not tell us which one you're choosing to scan, to stop the mafia from countering you with a nightkill (either of you, or of killing in a way that doesn't tell us much about your scan)

Depending on who dies and what results Bianca and Argon get, you hopefully should be able to tell who's lying and who's not lying.

I see little reason to lynch today because I don't know who's telling the truth or not, although I totally understand Marcher and/or Bianca voting for Arakhor, or Arakhor voting for one of them.

Vote: No Lynch

I should have proclaimed who I am going to investigate N1, ask vig to shoot them (with the consent of that person) because day 2 we would get the alignment of that person, and then that would give me more definite idea on what kind of cop I am..

but now we have no vig..tsk tsk.

Omg, lots of possibililites, If we can just nail one mafia in this lynch. I just have to take a risk. having 2 mafia day 3 is not ideal scenario....

Well, I guess I need to vote: Marcher Jovian.

Top Bottom