Things in Civ V you don't want to see in Civ VI

Anything at all similar to Civ V's Great Generals.

They make war ridiculous. And war is already ridiculous without them, being quite absurd due to the already-mentioned city bombard.

About them and about Great Admirals, there are some things that can make them better:

• Set a turn limit, a battle limit, and a 2 eras limit, to limit their duration . That way, you can't use the GG/GA you've earned in ancient era, used to warriors, arrows and trirremes, to improve the effectivness of tanks and destroyers .

• Allow their initial combating bonus to be small and then increase based on the types of units that the GG/GA is aiding, up to a limit . Eg: A GG can provide a +5% defensive bonus to every unit around him, +10% offensive bonus to any mounted unit around him .

• Also, another possibility is to make the Military National Wonder to demand either a GG or a GA born, to be built . That requirement could be expanded to other NWs, like spawning a Great Artist, in order to build the culture based NW

• At the end of their turn limit, allow them to be spent on any unit, to provide them an instant boost of exp, that directly correlates with the past experience of GG/GA . Eg: The GG mentioned above can provide instant +30 xp to one land-based unit and +50 xp to one mounted unit .

• Allow the speed of GG/GA to scale based on few technologies .

• Allow the GG/GA to teleport to any military unit, within friendly borders, upon spawn .

• Add a special quest for city-states, where they ask you to give away one of your GG/GA, if they are at war . It can be an UA

I love 1UPT, embarking and cultural influence things and I'm happy they will be in game.

As for things in civ5 I don't want in civ6:

city states in the civ5 form (passive, static, arcade, bought with money and never doing anything on their own)

I love policy tree, ideology tenets, city states, religions in CIV6; I want combat system divided into offense and defense; I want war weariness system back.
I hate 1UPT, maybe 2UPT:king:;I hate global happiness, and I want local happiness back.

Religion is my major bugbear in Civ5, particularly the way it spreads and basically only benefits the founder of the religion.

I very much prefer the Civ4 model where religion is less like an extension of your empire and more like a part of the game environment, that you could decide to create and/or add to and/or use to your advantage.

I only have one wish that really matters: i want to be able to settle that productive area with rivers hills and cattle and profit from it! In civ5 i pass up those areas cos they dont have unique lux and it sucks to have more than 4 cities period...
In civ 4 the "minimum" amount of cities on a standard map was 7 (for building nat wonders) which was much better. Of course you could always expand further too...

Seriously i never again want to see my starting continent have huge swaths of unclaimed land even in modern era.

I was hoping Cities' ranged attack is not in Civ 6 but it's coming back, oh well at least the city areas are now bigger so hopefully that range doesnt cover the whole area, or is at least nerfed from Civ V.

I would like to see removed from the game:

- Global happiness. Sorry, but that mechanism simply didn't worked

- City states: They rob you out of valuable land, while failing to add depth to the game's diplomatic aspect and feeling far too game-y. They should be scratched outright

- Mandatory national college. Seriously

- Unbalanced policies / beliefs / strategies. Please do put more care and thought into game balance this time. The underlying mechanics were sound (acumulation of bonuses trought cultural evolution) but the execution was really flakey

Top Bottom