1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Things I've learned in the ISDG2012

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Apr 29, 2013.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Because the team game beside winning and having fun is for learning the game too, I decided it can be nice to have special thread where we share things we had learned during the game, which we did not knew otherwise.

I'll start:

I've learned that the hidden order which determines who gets a wonder if it happens that 2 or more players finish it in the same turn is determined by random dice throw and not as I believed till now by the player number.

2. 2metraninja

I've learned that in Civ inflation is calculated based on the money you SPEND and not your income and increases with each turn number. So, the less money you spend (civic upkeep, units, city number maintenance, distance to palace, etc) the less inflation you have. Which makes ORG trait even more powerful.

3. 2metraninja

I've learned that in BTS 3.19 there is a hard cap on overflow hammers equal exactly on the base_hammers_of_thing_overflowing / production_bonus. i.e. things with big production bonus (as walls with stone in Organized Religion) are not good for carrying big overflow, because they get punished.

4. 2metraninja

I've learned that you can pre-improve tiles covered with forest after you started chopping them and you still can have the chop turns and the improvement turns. Just leave 1 turn to each of those unfinished.

5. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

;) I have learnt that the Spaniards are utterly unpredictable ... and that it is always good to have one extra "safety" turn when competing with RB ;)

6. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I have learned that you can partially build Wonders in multiple cities to get lots of failgold. :yeah: (plus all that stuff 2metra said in posts 1-4... none of which I knew:blush:)