Things You Noticed Just Now

I am afraid this policy would mean some potential civs getting cut out; it's much easier to come up with unique units than unique infrastructure
What?
I was just describing what happened in Civ 6. For example, Sweden and the Inca got two unique infrastructures because one was tied to the leader. For the Maori and Portugal one was built by their unique unit. I didn't mean every civ/leader needs one.
Fairly sure Outbacks aren't a "real thing" per say and Devs came up in order to make Australia unique enough.
They exist. Though I think they are referred to as cattle stations in Australia. But calling them an "Outback" station makes them sound Australian.

A better example of a unique infrastructure that probably didn't really exist is Macedon's Basilikoi Paides. The idea of a "royal page school" existed but not sure if it was an actual physical building.

What?
I was just describing what happened in Civ 6. For example, Sweden and the Inca got two unique infrastructures because one was tied to the leader. For the Maori and Portugal one was built by their unique unit. I didn't mean every civ/leader needs one.
Yes, and that's what I'm referring to. (Not to what you said, but the fact that every civ needs one UU, one UI).

I don't count the leader-tied unique components as belonging to the civ: they compensate for the leader not having a very good leader ability, and if someone else were leading the civ those unique components would be lost too.

Fairly sure Outbacks aren't a "real thing" per say and Devs came up in order to make Australia unique enough.

I mean just look at the buildings in Civ 4 that were unique. A lot of them were just sybmolical (Mint for Mali).
It's true that the devs can get 'generic' buildings (like the Observatory for the Maya) but there's only a certain point until you can play that game.

In the 'Design Your Own Civ' thread I've been meddling with some rough sketches for designs of somewhat obscure civs, and while it's possible to get as much as two unique units, unique infrastructures are relatively hard to get by. It is a minor thing, those civs were probably not about to get considered anyway, but it still disconcerts me.

Yes, and that's what I'm referring to. (Not to what you said, but the fact that every civ needs one UU, one UI).
That's interesting considering I thought that most people liked that idea. I'm more of a builder than a warmonger in these games anyway, so I was never fond of the civs in Civ 5 that had 2 UUs, personally.
I don't count the leader-tied unique components as belonging to the civ: they compensate for the leader not having a very good leader ability, and if someone else were leading the civ those unique components would be lost too.
I don't know about that. I think Kristina would still be good without her Queen's Bibliotheque.

Top Bottom