Thread to Report Issues with new xenForo version 2.2

I'm not enjoying, it's just yet another annoyance that clutters the alerts section and mixes everything up even further.

Also, I'll leave it for the record that I object to the gamification. I can have my own fun, thanks.
I totally agree.
But at least it doesn't happen every day, so I can live with it and decide to focus on the good thing that CFC stuff has done, for which I am thankful :)

Last edited:
all glory to the hypnotoad

I had to check, here is an example with some alt text.
(and I know this, but shame on me, I'm neither using it on Twitter nor on our main page :blush:)

And thanks, I fixed the link.

View attachment 661470

I had to check, here is an example with some alt text.
(and I know this, but shame on me, I'm neither using it on Twitter nor on our main page :blush:)

And thanks, I fixed the link.
Ah, you use the ATTACH tag not the IMG tag.

So you have to actually upload the file to civfanatics, you cannot add an alt text to a hotlinked image?

Last edited:
Ah, it works. But wouldn't this present problems in the long run if people attach a lot of large images?

Ah, it works. But wouldn't this present problems in the long run if people attach a lot of large images?

There are free sites where you can resize large images so they're smaller. There are times when some images here end up very large anyway, so using the spoiler tags would be the courteous thing to do.

I think the amount of people who need to have a picture exactly resized and alt-texted is not that high, so no, I'm not that concerned.

Still getting random Invalid_Image_Request when i click the back button in the browser, am i the only one getting this? Is it a problem with Firefox? No amount of Google-ing has gotten me any answers......and it now happens so regularyly that it's getting really annoying. Just posting in case anyone else has gotten this, unless i am alone and the only one with this problem...😰

Top Bottom