• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Time to change war tactics

The AI builds insane stacks, managed to get tanks first and attacked with around 30 of them, within two turns of landing my troops they were wiped out by ridiculously large stacks of Calvary and catapults, the AI attack took so long I made a cup of tea returned and they were still attacking my tanks, they even managed to take out my 11 destroyers with transports with frigates and this is only on prince, it’s insane. :lol:

My civ was an empty wastland full of nuclear fallout and my capital was taken just two turns from victory!! I almost cried when the message came up saying I had lost all progress in the space race.

It's good to see that someone that launches can be stopped. That was one of my favorite features of Civ 2. I once sent a sub with a nuke and transport of troops to try and desperately take an AI capital. But alas it was too far inland to capture before the time expired.

Sorry, never mind. :)

I was playing an Advanced Start and going for a Space Victory, now I fully expected the AI to attack when it became obvious that I was going to launch my ship well ahead of anyone else but I was not at all prepared for the massive beating I took.

With only ten turns until victory all I had to do was protect my capital but the AI unleased a major "Shock and Awe" campaign. Nukes rained down from the sky and while I shot down a few he had about a dozen of them. He also very wisely used bombers to take out key improvements, and destroyed my offshore platform (my only source of oil) after taking one of my coastal cities with an amphibious assault.

My civ was an empty wastland full of nuclear fallout and my capital was taken just two turns from victory!! I almost cried when the message came up saying I had lost all progress in the space race.

* Beams with pride :D. *

Before this game, late wars were a pushover.

Later in BtS, however, Charlemagne decided to attack me, and the sea battles were a stalemate -- neither of us was able to dominate the seas. I've never seen such a combo of Battleships and Destroyers.

The unfortunate part was that he had nabbed the Statue of Zeus and I didn't have many happiness resources. He won through attrition.

The AI builds insane stacks, managed to get tanks first and attacked with around 30 of them, within two turns of landing my troops they were wiped out by ridiculously large stacks of Calvary and catapults, the AI attack took so long I made a cup of tea returned and they were still attacking my tanks, they even managed to take out my 11 destroyers with transports with frigates and this is only on prince, it’s insane. :lol:

What level did you play? Did you switch aggressive AI???

Survayman (or whatever the Khmer leader's name is :p) is my new worst enemy! Granted, he's only been in one of my games, but in that game he was a tech machine, wonder freak, had huge armies, and backstabbed me oh so many times.

I hate him :mad:

Top Bottom