Time win strategy?

ShowOfForce

Chieftain
Any one got any tips for a pure score strategy? I'm going to play my roommate for a time based victory (standard everything king ai g&k) soon and wanted to get some tips first ;) I'm thinking a domination based strategy to grab maximum land and population would produce the most points. I just haven't ever played for straight points before, what other ways can I max out the point system?

Spam a huge bunch of wonders - they give a nive amount of score. Teching is also quite useful, whilst the amount of cities does not give such a huge bonus. I would try to achieve an almost total domination win + wonder spamming in the capital. Egypt might be the best suitable for this not-so-elaborated strategy. Ally that with tradition (IIRC, population counts towards score, right?), a possible marble start and that pantheon belief and you've got yourself the game. 20% UA + 15% Tradition + 15% Pantheon + 15% Marble = 65% bonus towards ancient/classical wonders.

This means you could easily get most of the early game wonders (Mausoleum of Halicarnassus would be good to enhance that marble start), and give you a hand on trying to build NC, GL and HG. :D

Any one got any tips for a pure score strategy? I'm going to play my roommate for a time based victory (standard everything king ai g&k) soon and wanted to get some tips first ;) I'm thinking a domination based strategy to grab maximum land and population would produce the most points. I just haven't ever played for straight points before, what other ways can I max out the point system?

You would have to use some sort of domiation strategy to cripple your AI opponents before they could get you via science or diplomatic victories. Games are usually over in the 300s, so to get to 500 without severely crippling the AI first would be difficult.

They are easy to cripple late game. Just rampage throughout the world, conquer every civ but the one with the least cultural progression, conquer everything he owns except 1 crappy city.

You would have to use some sort of domiation strategy to cripple your AI opponents before they could get you via science or diplomatic victories. Games are usually over in the 300s, so to get to 500 without severely crippling the AI first would be difficult.

I think he's gonna disable all other victory conditions except time.

I just read his op again, and apparently he isn't. My bad Apparently he is lulz

Thank you for the ideas Petiscator. I'm going to start a practice game tonight. Yes, we are going to disable other conditions hobbsyoyo. We usually finish games in the 300s but we wanted to have a late game strategic battles since we never really get to the modern weapons. So we decided on points to see who can craft a better empire up to turn 500.

WAR WAR and more WAR, grab all the best cities. Gain as much favor from CSs as possible.

If you play to 500, religion will be more important than usual. The founder beliefs often don't add too much of a bonus for you until you get to the mid 200's, and by then the game will often be done in ~50 turns, usually in the early 300's as at least one post has mentioned. Pick very carefully what you want... extra culture per foreign cities that aren't fighting you can be huge. 1 gold per every 4 believers can be big, too.

Since the game will last a whole 150-200 turns more than it sounds like it usually has for you, make sure you know what beliefs you will want to help maximize the score. And if you plan on maxmizing the score by taking land, IMHO I strongly suggest you rush to get the first religion and pick +1 happiness per city that has your religion, because if you don't, you may struggle to build a larger population than your human opponent.

Top Bottom