TimeLine Moments Re-Colored & then.. possibly RE-fined please!

Zyxpsilon

Running Spider
Okay.. i'll soon be exploring various custom features for those Modded (mostly re-colored and later on, enhanced with my CHMZ mod) Moments.

Refer to this Steam link for details == https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1737288652

I will soon develop a more detailed summary of my intended suggestions to Firaxis design team & staff within this thread.

In the meantime, rapid hints...

1) The trick here is that some of the changes i'm wishing for might have to touch the Ruleset principles.. Wonders built by AI being one tricky group of TWO new Moments (Old and Current Era .. respectively) inspired by the in-code functions but still requiring re-defined Era-Points (negative!) output.

_(6a)Moment_BuiltWonderPreviousEra (1).png
_(6b)Moment_ConstructCurrentEraWonder (1).png

Examples of what the regular set of (49!) Wonders includes...

CHMZ_WondersSplasher(Modern4+Atomic3_CFC).png

Instead of this "Small" symbol ...
CHM_MomentSmall_Wonder.png
... for everything!

2) We (GreenManReaiming & I) adapted a Few Illustrations found in the released Pantry that had some "discarded" files -- to color them too. BUT -- many of them aren't hooked to the ingame process and thus can't be activated. Again, this stuff would touch the Points ruleset if the engine pushes valid triggers within the native code.

GreenMan_CHMZ-SamplesSheet1.jpg

3) Small GreatPersons Moments would need a very distinct hook for each types as shown in my CHMZ preview with their "Work in Progress" image (#8) insert.

CHMZ_Moment_PreviousEraGreatPerson9.png

I'll extrapolate further about each of those ideas -- SOON©!

Last edited:
Follow up content that would *ADD* various features based on external devices!

Background.. i've turned into a gambler with events & gameplay activities to create growing interests towards the mid to end phases. Nothing really spectacular but it makes things more fun as i'm setting personal goals similar to what Steam Achievements can offer (at first, once unlocked they're just gone -- more on this later!) us.

The Timeline stuff is "ingame" proposals of Era related Points tracking.. along side Emergencies and other global situations (WC, Bonus inputs, etc), such gameplay events can generate worthy challenges in an otherwise "Empire-Building" lame (somewhat) pace either via Peace or War & certainly Victory choices/goals.

Soooo... here's the proposition in general terms.

First consult this almost perfect "system/concept" example that was developped for XCom2;
-- (( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729577219 )) and this mod i've created for it...
-- (( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=823461813 )) Kinda fun!

Thus...
1) Re-activate some of the formal Steam-Achievements and maybe brand new ones & allocate their gameplay "tasks" in a single-game perspective where we manage an alternate path to events. Keep track of points. Nothing really has to touch the ruleset with those, IMHO -- just a supplemental toy to play with.

2) Generate an indirect "Emergency style" context but offer it more often (every 5 or 10 turns?) while the code/scripts can randomly deploy custom TASK(s) based on the conditions & timing...

2a) Simultaneously build Three (+/-) Wonders (presently valid) & finish them all in the same turn. (Refer to the samples in section #1 of the previous post -- last three.)
2b) Fill an Archeology museum with Three Artifacts at once. Or, Shipwrecks.
2c) Build each of your first three Ecology/Powers (Solar, Wind, GeoThermal) in ONE turn.
2d) You get the idea.. plenty more variations could be designed, AFAIC.

PS; Two proofs (Engineers #241 + Superb Districts #243) it *can* be achieved!!

ThreeSimulTasks.png ThreeSimulSuperbDistricts.png

3) I trust Firaxis staff could have a wild ride with this sort of new feature.

Please @dshirk .. do share these two posts with whom it may concern overthere and eventually, lemme know whatever else!

Last edited:
Top Bottom