Tips at the beginning of a turned based game ?

Woum

Chieftain
Hello,
I'm actually making a game wich is a turned based strategy game and I can't decide myself about something. A bit of a context :
You play levels that are short (like 5 to 20 mins long) and there's usually a good strategy for it, like "protect this area", or "kill this in priority". It depends on the level so it's not a "rule to follow everytime", it IS a hint for the current level.

So my question is : should I give the player the tip at the begin of the level ? As, I think, good strategic players, I'd like to know what do you think of it.

I think for you, it'd be better to not show it and to let you discover the level and guess what's the better strategy, but for more casuals one, they'll maybe miss it and get in trouble.

Making the hint at the end of the level could feel like "well, so to know what to do, I have to lose, nice...". Or worst, for players that didn't want to know, it's a spoil !

Making the player chose to see it or not could be the solution, but it could feel like "I'm weak, I have to ask for advice" wich is not good...

Oh god, do you realize that I can't decide myself ? :D

My prefered choice (that maybe will not be in 2 minutes) is that I should enable it by default but the player CAN disable it in the parameters. So that the casuals don't feel they chose to "be guided" and the hardcore ones can chose to not be spoiled. But I don't know, I'd like some players view ^^.

Top Bottom