Title Screen Design

Drtad

It Stinks!!!
I noticed that the title screen is still unchanged and that it is still the vanilla Earth rotating. I was thinking an illuminated manuscript or biblical miniature might be appropriate. I found three types that could be used, a royal type, a battle type, or a religious type. I guess any can be used since they are all relevant.

Attachments

• LevonV.jpg
    LevonV.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 330
  • Vartanantz.jpg
    Vartanantz.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 276
  • Madonna.jpg
    Madonna.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 331
nah, but if there is either a midievil movie clip that is not to violent (probaly not Kingdom of Heaven) or something else, the mod is already catholic centeral and to little is paid to islam and paganism.

nah, but if there is either a midievil movie clip that is not to violent (probaly not Kingdom of Heaven) or something else, the mod is already catholic centeral and to little is paid to islam and paganism.
The first two aren't Catholic...

oops. only looked at thumbnails. mabey we could use the intro movie from medevil TWII, a clip from a battle, or a screen shot from it.

I think you guys are thinking of an intro movie. I could make a movie using MIITW, but what I am talking about now is just the title screen, unanimated. Making it animated would require a great deal of unneeded work.

EDIT: By the way, Ajidica, the first two aren't Muslim either. They are from an even more neglected people, the Orthodox Christians. Second one is just a battle (Vartanantz to be exact). It is between Persians (on the left) and Armenians (on the right). I thought it looked nice.

that sounds good. question, is it possible to have an intro movie when loading the scenrio? i basicly never play random map, i almost alaways play scenerio and then the cool cantigas de santa maria music could be used.

that sounds good. question, is it possible to have an intro movie when loading the scenrio? i basicly never play random map, i almost alaways play scenerio and then the cool cantigas de santa maria music could be used.
I believe the intro video would play every time you try to start a game using that mod, which is why I only want to worry about a static main menu screen. I like the second one I posted a lot, it seems appropriate. What do you think, Head Serf?

I believe the intro video would play every time you try to start a game using that mod, which is why I only want to worry about a static main menu screen. I like the second one I posted a lot, it seems appropriate. What do you think, Head Serf?

I don't like movies because my comp doesn't play them very well and they eat up my memory like crazy. I agree that the main menu screen is more important. Are thpse pics detailed enough to be main menu screen backgrounds, I think the size needs to be 1024x1024.

I don't like movies because my comp doesn't play them very well and they eat up my memory like crazy. I agree that the main menu screen is more important. Are thpse pics detailed enough to be main menu screen backgrounds, I think the size needs to be 1024x1024.
I happen to have a huge version of the second screenshot, and I think the first one is already pretty large.

just relized this, there are war elephants in the second screemshot, and no war elephants in the game. minor thing.

Hey Drtad, was the christianity in armenia back then separate from the rest of christianity or was it tied to any church like the greek orthodox?
No, in fac it was the year of that battle (451) that the Armenian church officially split from everyone else by not (being able to) participating in the Council of Chalcedon. The Armenian church asked for aid against the Persians from the Byzantines but they fell on deaf ears. Thus they spent most of their resources on the Armenian army that defeated the Sassanids attacking Caucasian Albania at the Battle of Khaghkhagh (449). And after Avarayr (451) the church simply could no spare any resources on a council like Chalcedon. That is why Armenian Christmas is on January 6 instead of Dec 25.:lol: Another major difference is that the Armenian church is Miaphysite instead of Diaphysite. This means that the Armenians don't believethat Jesus has two distinct divine and physical natures, but that he is of one nature which is a combination of physical and divine natures. Did that make any sense whatsoever? I think I went on a rather large tangent...;)

No, in fac it was the year of that battle (451) that the Armenian church officially split from everyone else by not (being able to) participating in the Council of Chalcedon. The Armenian church asked for aid against the Persians from the Byzantines but they fell on deaf ears. Thus they spent most of their resources on the Armenian army that defeated the Sassanids attacking Caucasian Albania at the Battle of Khaghkhagh (449). And after Avarayr (451) the church simply could no spare any resources on a council like Chalcedon. That is why Armenian Christmas is on January 6 instead of Dec 25.:lol: Another major difference is that the Armenian church is Miaphysite instead of Diaphysite. This means that the Armenians don't believethat Jesus has two distinct divine and physical natures, but that he is of one nature which is a combination of physical and divine natures. Did that make any sense whatsoever? I think I went on a rather large tangent...;)

Somewhat.:) ;) I'm not that informed on Christianity as I am muslim. No hard feelings though.:)

Top Bottom