1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

To all our new citizens

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Gingerbread Man, Feb 27, 2003.

1. CenturionV

CenturionV Warrior Forever

ok question: how long tell i'm actually in the game, like the special forum or whatever it is?

2. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

Whenever Thunderfall gets around to updating the access list.

3. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

I have told TF to add you, it is a matter of time.

4. CenturionV

CenturionV Warrior Forever

question #2: were can i find out exacly what jobs political positions (i.e president, defence minister etc) do ingame?

5. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

It is in the constitution (at the top of this public forum)

Basically, they all do the things involved with the advisor screens in civ3.

the governors (there will be more than 1) take care of a province of the country that consists of a group of cities in a geographically similar area e.g. in a large valley between mountain ranges. They set all the build queues and tell the president where the workers should work.

The president follows the orders of the citizens when he plays the game. He/she also acts as a bit of everything when the others aren't present. He/she is the one who will make the big decisions when he is faced with a big problem, he/she (I'll just say 'he' from now on) has to decide because we dont have time to go back to the forums.

Domestic advisor takes care of newly built/aquired cities that dont have a governor. He is the second in charge behind the president, and is leader over most of the other people.

Trade organises trade. WOW!

Foreign advisor organises foreign affairs. Especially alliances.

Culture adivisor takes care of wonderbuilding, points out prebuilds, decides what culture improvements to be built, etc.

Science advisor sets science queues.

Military advisor controls invasion plans and troop movements.

Thats all I can think of.

6. rebelplayer6

rebelplayer6 Chieftain

Hey -- thanks to whoever started this thread, as it is really being a big help to me as a newbie...I just have a few questions. I will go ahead and apologize in advance for the possible stupidity of my questions.

I've read about "other teams" that might read this to get strategies..who are these other teams? Do we play against them?

Is it important to join a citizen group?

How important is it that I try to post every day?

A little info about me:
    I live in southern Indiana in the States and am a student. Just to get the hang of things, I hope to participate in as many discussions as possible, and maybe try to hold a position in the new demogame.

Thanks for your guys's help...can't wait to get this show on the road.

7. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Well rebel,

1st answer: The other teams are other fansites, as well as FIRAXIS themselves, which is pretty cool. They aren't gonna read these strategies becuase all our strats are in the secret forum.

2: I have yet to see citizen groups--we are small enough and a smaller portion yet actively participate that citizen groups aren't an issue.

3: you don't have to post everyday, it's just it can be fun once you get into it, and honostly I think it could use some more active players :)

BtW, the show's already on the road, but I'd love to see you join us, but you first have to sig up here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43078

8. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

@rp6 - please keep in mind that there are two separte game being played here in these forums. We are now in the multi-site (MSDG) forum (the main page). All of the sensitive discussions take place in the secret forum (you need to register).

In the other forums for the Demogame 3, is a single-site (or single-player - SPDG) demogame which is much larger than this MSDG.

In the SPDG a group of us humans play the AI in a battle to conquer the world. In this MSDG, the Civfanatics team plays teams from other physical sites, like Apolyton or GameCatcher. Both games are played basically the same, but this one is on a much smaller scale. Plus we play untrustworthy humans instead of predictable AI.

Welcome and good luck.

9. rebelplayer6

rebelplayer6 Chieftain

How do i register for these secret forums?:confused:

10. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

See post #27 (3 up from here). Hygro has left you a link in his last paragraph.

11. Gingerbread Man

Yes there are two democracy games - one here, the MSDG which is against humans, and Demogame III, which is against the AI. They are both seperate, and you need to sign up to the one/s you want to join.

I started this thread to encourage new citizens to post messages. We need more active players. Too often I see new members too embarrassed/scared/whatever to post. But please, ask the dumb questions, suggest the dumb ideas. They are essential to a good communtity.

Remember that all of us at some time where new posters, with only 1 post. We have all been newbies, at some time.

Oh, and it isn't crucial to make one post a day, but if you want to have lots of fun, making one post a day will take you there. You will also learn quite alot, and even get better at the game.

12. Almightyjosh

Almightyjosh Governor in Waiting

Rebel, I wouldn't worry about the multi-site game for a while, it's taking time to get people (including myself) onto the 'approved' list! While you wait, try your hand at the single site demogame (in the other sections of the DG3 forum).

Oh, and about 500 of my total posts are stupid questions!

13. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Hmm... Am I late for this or something... I found this today and signed up, what should I do next?

14. Gingerbread Man

Hi wizard, and welcome to the MSDG.

Don't worry, all will be revealed soon. Thunderfall just has to permit you in to the restricted zone. I have notified him of you.

Sounds cool, doesn't it!

The game is up to turn 86, IIRC. If you want, post a thread in the restricted zone, and I will bring you up to date. You should be allowed in within a couple of days, at the very most.

15. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Thanks. No hurry, I won't be here anyway for a few weeks... going on a holida etc.

16. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

*Where do you live? Washington State
    *What level of Civ III do you play? Regent. Planning to move onto Monarch soon.
    *What is your favorite victory condition? Diplomacy or Space Race
    *How do you think you will be able to help Fanatika? I am a builder; therefore am good during peacetime.
    *Do you know how a Democracy Game works? Yes
    *Have you participated in any before? Yes
    *Do you post often in forums? Whenever I can post something relevant to the topic

Am I too late to join?

17. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

nope

18. Gingerbread Man

Welcome Regentman! We always want new players. If you have signed up in the citizen signup thread, it is only a couple of days until you are allowed access to where all the fun happens.

In the meantime, maybe you would like to ask some questions. Find out a little more, read our constitution. Have fun, and participate to your heart's extent!

19. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Thanks for the welcome! What civ are we? I think I read around here something regarding Riders, so I'm guessing China? One more question: How many other sites are we playing against? I look forward to viewing the secret forum soon! ;)

20. Gingerbread Man

You guessed right, we are playing China.

We are playing against 7 other civs, including Apolyton (The other big site), German Webring Team, Creative Design Group, French team (Grenoulles, or some similar name), Gamecatcher.net, another team whose name I forgot, and the makers of the game themselves, Firaxis.