Too many great people, or too few names

Blasphemous

Graulich
In my current game of England (which I hope this time I really won't continue playing since half the world just declared war on me) I started seeing a silly little thing recently (middle of the 20th century). Great people are born, named "Great Scientist" and "Great Engineer".
So we have one of two problems, or both. Either the mod causes civs to generate too many :gp:, or the lists of names need to be made longer.
This also may be a good time to mention the idea that has come up to create civ-specific lists of names for each type of :gp:.

Someone else mentioned earlier the possibility of having civ-specific GP names, egypt won't get Nabu-rimmani, no Aztec getting Zoroaster etc...

I think you should ask Rhye what he thinks about it, I might help compiling a list if I could.

Tyranausaurus said:
Someone else mentioned earlier the possibility of having civ-specific GP names, egypt won't get Nabu-rimmani, no Aztec getting Zoroaster etc...

I think you should ask Rhye what he thinks about it, I might help compiling a list if I could.
He said it is possible, but someone has to compile the lists.

Maybe, rather than civ-specific, these lists could be cultural groups-specific (Europeans, Middle-Eastern, Asians etc.).

Well what would happen if we got as many unique leaders for any given nation as we could, and then provided a kind of random list of names. I would rather get a completely fictional GP, than 'Great Scientist.' Besides, as time goes on, it would become more and more likely for the civs to have GPs who don't have ethnically civ-ish names. For example, Americans wouldn't scoff at a military leader named Schwartzkopf in 2000, nor would the Brits with a scientist named Amir...

...just some food for thought.

Maybe, rather than civ-specific, these lists could be cultural groups-specific (Europeans, Middle-Eastern, Asians etc.).

This idea is good.

Top Bottom