Too many MySQL connections?

Originally posted by Thunderfall

31? On mine it says 25. :)

vB is much better than phpBB. Admit it, Fluffy. ;) I have looked at phpBB's admin panel. It has MUCh fewer features...

Me i am agree with Thunderfall... not for the mods or other things... simply security :)

1. VBulletin forum are more secure than phpbb.

2. Vbulletin forum are better encoded than phpbb. It is evident.

Infortunaly I can't pay for a Vbulletin.... So I have installed a Phpbb for my website. I have added some cool hacks (or mods as you want). But I am not stupid, I know what is Phpbb, and I know the differences with Vbulletin...

But to defend it, it is very simple to add mods (or hack) to a phpbb forum and you can add some option to the admin panel.

Originally posted by Ralendil

1. VBulletin forum are more secure than phpbb.

whoah whoah. I will admit that more security holes have been found with phpBB but it has CVS so anyone who can run phpBB2 ok can fix it in a jiffy.

2. Vbulletin forum are better encoded than phpbb. It is evident.

where'd you get that one from my man?? Which forum didn't even have password encoding until a few months ago?? And which forum on the other hand had irriversable md5 password encryption from alpha stages??

Infortunaly I can't pay for a Vbulletin.... So I have installed a Phpbb for my website. I have added some cool hacks (or mods as you want). But I am not stupid, I know what is Phpbb, and I know the differences with Vbulletin...

and so do I.

But to defend it, it is very simple to add mods (or hack) to a phpbb forum and you can add some option to the admin panel.

ok, nothing to disagree about there :p

About security holes... Since vbulletin is a paying software, I guess there is a lot higher probability of hacking by someone who doesn't like the capitalist world or something... Hacking free software is a no thought, because if he does so, it might destroy free software forever... And I agree with bfl for the rest of the thing... Open Source Software rules :D

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Vbulletin forum are better encoded than phpbb. It is evident

Coded.. sorry...

Top Bottom