Too many MySQL connections?

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I just saw a few "too many mySQL connections" error messages a few minutes ago. Thank God it was only temporary. :jesus:

Did anyone see those?

Yep, got one. However, refreshing once did the trick.

Bounced me a few times over a period of about 2 minutes.

I probably will not re-enable PM popups because of this. That PM popup feature adds an additional query everytime you view a thread... not a very good thing. :p

Originally posted by Thunderfall
I probably will not re-enable PM popups because of this. That PM popup feature adds an additional query everytime you view a thread... not a very good thing. :p
31? On mine it says 25. :)

vB is much better than phpBB. Admit it, Fluffy. ;) I have looked at phpBB's admin panel. It has MUCh fewer features...

31? On mine it says 25. :)

vB is much better than phpBB. Admit it, Fluffy. ;) I have looked at phpBB's admin panel. It has MUCh fewer features...

never! there is of course the matter of 150 odd bucks ;) and viewing topic with phpBB is only around 15 queries :D and then is there such a thing as CVS with vBull?? I think not :p

I could go on for ages here... ;)

Originally posted by Black Fluffy Lion
never! there is of course the matter of 150 odd bucks ;) and viewing topic with phpBB is only around 15 queries :D and then is there such a thing as CVS with vBull?? I think not :p

I could go on for ages here... ;)
It's $165 actually, and it's probably the best investment a webmaster can make to a site. :D

Somehow free boards don't look "professional" to me. :p

It's $165 actually, and it's probably the best investment a webmaster can make to a site. :D

but why pay when you can get something better for free?!

Somehow free boards don't look "professional" to me. :p

sorry?? come again?? phpBB not look good. I must have misheard you. No way, by any stretch of the imagination can vBull's default template look better than phpBB2's subSilver. :p

anyways, back on topic I haven't recieved one of those error messages.

I didn't receive any neither, but I'd just like to tell you, even if it's still adding to off-topic, that I wonder how you can not like the defaut subsilver for phpBB... I mean this fora looks great, and is easier to customize, but I think that the defaut look of the other is as good as the vb defaut... But I guess there are still less problems with this one related to code and that kind of things... But if you don't have the money to spend, the other is as good as this one...

On Topic - I haven't seen any of those messages... today.

To drag this further off-topic, I agree with TF: phpBB subsilver just doesn't look as "professional" as most vB sites I've been to. Of course, knowing a site like GC doesn't exactly have buckets of money to play with, well, let's just say I think phpBB does an incredible job considering its cost. :)

Edit: Not that I meant to imply that TF has buckets of money. Just that some sites (like GC) have such a miniscule budget that they would probably go belly-up if they had to put out $165 for vB.

In Fluff's case, fewer features is a good thing. :p

Yes, I think I got that warning recently.

Originally posted by Becka

In Fluff's case, fewer features is a good thing. :p

hehe :D actually I like features...they annoy spy who is aways funny to laugh at when she's angry. ;)

to carry on the phpBB vs vBull -

Well I'm sortof with Padma apart from not his not liking subSilver view :p phpBB is open source. Free. It's what I love about it...a community is coming together (e.g. Linux) which is just as good if not better than the things which cost lots of money (e.g. MS...urgh) Open source is the best thing on the net, it is the way forward!

Viva open source software! :D

me to but very little time ...

No Too many MySQL connections...

and I think that phpBB looks professional.....

A few problems at (peak?) time yesterday... shift-Reload (using Netscape) cured them within two attempts though.

Any way to post a daily usage summary plot in a sticky thread somewhere? e.g., like a GMT along the x-axis, and queries on the y-axis, etc. No biggie, just curious to see a TOD or TOW correlation. :)

To add to the off-topic. When TF feels more comfortable and decides to install the "big guns" there will no longer be any argument........

Let us get used to all thse new 'features' first before throwing the really big things at us. :) I'm almost at my limits, trying to handle the almost-daily new changes.

Top Bottom