Trade Discussion $1: Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Cash

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
Welcome to T4's 1st trade discussion (prior to the convention). Here we discuss trading for Navigation.

Joan: Magnetism-> Navigation, WM, TM, 33gpt
Mao: Magnetism-> Navigation, WM, TM, 84gpt, 90g
Cathy: Magnetism-> Navigation, Spices, WM

These are the three big tech trades of this save. Oct, head of the RBO, will brief you shortly on possible lux and strat resource trades

SaaM
MoT
Head TTO
Mayor of Yatta
Democrat
This line is for space filling

For military reasons, go for the French trade with Joan, we got a small border, they are passive and peaceful, and they have no contact with Russians and Chinese.
Then see what trades we can do with the others, if they got anything new.

Do the French Trade.

If any of these trades would put the AIs in the Industrial Age, I would say no. Why benefit them? We don't need navigation, and we have a steady supply of gpt, so for now, I don't see the need.

Persoanlly, I would rather export ToG onm Turn 5. Magnets yield Sea Military, so I'd prefer ToG when we nab Newton's. (Unless Odawara gets FP.) Newton's will be completed in 4 (if Odawara doesn't switch back), so ToG on Turn 5 should be Safe.

Best ToG deal is with France (Navi & 97 GPT (+ 50-58 Gold). China gives Navi and 6 GPT along with 90 Gold. Russia won't deal.)

33 GPT for Magnets? How'd you get so low? (Edit: I actually got 15 GPT from French and Magnets)

Somethign tells me that Russia is on the verge of ToG, China's researching that, and France is researching Magnets.

Magnet is way too strategic when we got a lead inh the colonial tace, go for a ToG deal after Newtons.

Stuck_As_a_Mac said:
@GA: none of them would. they still lack ToG

Alright, then, that is fine. The continents now do know each other don't they? (Some civs have contact - which, in some turns, will end up having contact with everyone). Trade Magnetism and all other techs except ToG now to see what gold we can get. We should enjoy it while it lasts.

We get more gold from France via ToG. But we get more Gold from the Other Continent from Magnets. (And nothing from Russia for ToG.)

Something tells me that Russia would get ToG before we finish Newton's. Like... Only offering us the World Map for it...

And, yes, the Continents do know each other.

We are in absolutely no danger of losing Newton's as long as we build it in Odawara. We are in serious danger of losing Magellan's and possibly later wonders in a cascade if we do not immediately start on Magellan's in Zojoji. I urge us to trage ToG for Navigation and maximum gpt.

See this thread for the Culture Ministry's analysis of the current wonder situation.

On another topic, I would like to make this consideration:

Code:
Rome Gives:		We Give:
			Education

That's right. Give Education to Rome. I'm not that hot about giving them more Workers than they could possibly support, but I am dandy about Rome being able to build its own university, possibly netting them a second city.

Sir Donald III said:
On another topic, I would like to make this consideration:

Code:
Rome Gives:		We Give:
			Education

That's right. Give Education to Rome. I'm not that hot about giving them more Workers than they could possibly support, but I am dandy about Rome being able to build its own university, possibly netting them a second city.

I would not mind this at all.That's what the other office, the FAO, is for. I got pissed after (over my objections and requests that we give them a city) the Germans expired. I would like to see Rome survive to the end of the game. I would be all for this trade. Depsite my earlier threats of not working today (VOTE OR DIE), I'll make a poll.

SaaM
MoT

@ch- I don't want to risk Newtons. I know we have it wrapped up, but I'd still feel safer if we didnt trade it
Also, the whole purpose of the FAO is to make it so that civs with little can get things. Giving the Romans wont hurt us in anyway. It'll be part of the lump poll along with the French trade and some lux trades.

SaaM

Trade TOG , AFTER we have built the Newtons, then switch Sojoji prebuild to Magellans.

I like the idea of giving gifts (or aid) to the Romans. Let us conduct ourselves like the Industrial gentlemen that we are, not the barbaric conquerors of the ancient world.

Top Bottom