Trade Discussion $3: Mass Propoganda For Everyone!

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
Yay! Lets inundate the masses with blatant propoganda!
To the AI, Printing Press is worth on 648 gold. We could do that with any of them. Mao would take it straight up for MT (remember: we authorized the sale of MT to Mao and Cathy from Trade Poll $2)
Mao: MT->PP, Incense, WM
Cathy: MT-> Spices, WM, 33gpt, 10g
Joan: Has MT, Up only PP. Would trade it for the aforementioned 648.
SHAKA: Physics->PP, WM. I like. I like it a lot.

I like the Shaka trade. It gets us PP without having to give up MT. As a reminder, we did authorize SD3 to find a trade for MT during the game. China has gone broke. Cathy has some cash.

Do the people still want to trade Mao and Cathy MT to balance eachother out?

SaaM
MoT

I too like the Shaka trade. Just the Shaka trade. We have an ok flow of gpt, and that will only increase with our no-cost marketplaces and banks, so for now, don't give MT to the AIs. Shaka is our friend.

In regards to our Marilyn Doctrine, we should strengthen our own continent, and weaken Atarashika. It is in our interest to keep France alive as a powerful trading partner in the North, a G7 nation (there are 9 nations in the world), and the Canada equivalent of Japanatica. Russia and Chinas world maps are worth virtually none, and we got enough luxuries to keep ourselves happy pre hospital. Their small trinkets of gold does not mean anything. Let us delay the Russian introduction of their elite unit in order to let the other ones build their defenses, and avoid trading MT with China in order to sustain their supremacy.

Do the French Super-deal, do the Shaka deal, and avoid the Atarashikan deals, unless we deal luxuries up straight.

I like getting those Zulus presses, too.

What will Mao pay for MilitaryTradition? His 53 gpt payment to us just ended so he must have gpt to spend on MT. If he'll come up with at least 33 gpt like Cathy then we should sell MT to both of them. Getting at least 66 gpt from China and Russia combined adds up to 1,320 gp. We could use this gold to keep our own science rate maxxed out while draining their scientific research funds. We could also invest the gold in improvements needed to get a Forbidden Palace built somewhere.

Remember MT is a gameshifter, and 33 gold is only a small musket upgrade for us, and the same applies to 53 gold. In total they only want to pay 86 gold in total for a technology that revolutionize their war. We also got the improvements needed to build FP in Yatta, whis has already started, so that race is already lost. The gold we need now is for a minimum military upkeep, rushes of courthouses and temples. We already got a maxed out science rate, and we already are into all our wanted wonder races. What we need now is to consider our strategic interests, not some 33 silvershillings for
a Russian betrayal with their Coassack unit. So delay the Atarashikan Cavalry wars for some 15 turns or so, it is worth a measle 80 gold.

EDIT: Oops! MT for Ivory and Incense yields "Doubtful". So Never mind that one...

But guys, if we don't trade MT to these two powers, thern it is likely that Joan will.

The Shaka trade is very intriguing and I never even thought of that. We could trade it from him, then trade or even gift it to the Lesser Nations at the start of TC #4. Given that the only thing PP does in Vanilla is set up for Democracy, I would like to think that that can be tradable at Turn 5 (or thereabouts, or even Turn 1) with General Permission.

Again, the Shaka trade would allow us to burn MT for Luxes.

OR

We could combine MT, PP, and Steam for Nationalism from Cathy if we wait 3 turns. (We should be able to get it for MT and Steam alone if we don't trade it to China.)

Anyway...

The Physics for Printing Press seems a given to me. I would have paid France the gold outright had I not heard of Shaka's offer. (Which is why we have a Minister of Trade.)

After this, we have 2 issues:

A: Trading MT. When and for what:
1. Turn 0: China for Incense (EDIT: no GPT)
2. Turn 2: Russia (with Press & Steam) for Nationalism; then China (only MT) for hopefully Incense.

B: Spreading the Word!
PP to the lesser nations for what they would offer. If they offer less than WM + 50, Give as a freebee.

As an example, Amercia would give us Dyes for Physics now, but not for MT for some reason. I'm thinking that even if we trade Physics to the Zulu first, the Printing Press would be able to make up for it there, if we need it..

But then, that's for the RBO to figure out ;)

Time to check up on who exactly has it. Oh, and TC is on Saturday.

EDIT: Ok, just France, China, and Zulu. Others all don't.

UBER EDIT: Yeah, this TC trades would probably focus on the Letter P. As in Physics & Prinitng Press.

I like the idea of gifting PP to the lesser nations of the world. As the foremost nation in the world, it is our duty to help our lesser companions, and offering scientific knowledge of one way of doing so. Knowledge is power. Empower the masses.

trading the Printing Press would not be as valueable here as it would be in c3c. it would serve just as a tech. if we wanted to help the masses, we would go around gifting them MA techs.
which we could do.
ch, care to look up what we could gift to whom?

Sir Donald III said:
Amercia would give us Dyes for Physics now, but not for MT for some reason.

This is a huge point. This means that America is probably one turn from researching MT on their own.

As soon as they get MT they will trade for what they can get to Russia and/or China.

We should trade MT to Russia on turn 0 for everything they are willing to trade. The trade Ministry (with propoer polling) should authorize the president to make all reasonable trades and gifts on turn 0.

I only said that they wouldn't trade MT for Dyes. Meaning that they are Researching it, though not necessarily close to it. It just means they're closer than Dyes would allow. If they had any spare GPT, they'd probably offer it.

I checked and America will accept Dyes for as little as 650 Gold with MT. But Dyes for just 650 is "Doubtful".

EDIT: Dyes are worth 890 Gold to Lincoln straight up. So MT is worth at least 240 still.

So we should still have a couple of turns before America could potentially shift the balance of power on the "Barbarian" continent.

EDIT: Tim, Russia doesn't have Press yet.

EDIT 2: We could also get Spices from Monty for Chemistry and 66 Gold (price could change if we get Dyes from America. I know, doing RBO's job...)

Happy Veterans day, everybody. Like every liberal, I have to reafirm my support of the troops (while laughing at Rumseld)
So, I'm throwing up a poll.

Zulu PP-> Physics, WM
Mao: MT-> Incense, WM (and whatever else we can get)
Cathy: MT-> Spices, WM, 33gpt, 10g

Note: The Mao Trade is just because we opted to let him have it last time, and I still say it'll be fun to watch Cathy attack Mao.

Top Bottom