Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Innocent

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Abstain

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by Shaitan
It genuinely appears to be some sort of hyperemotional conspiracy theory. "They", "Shaitan and his cronies", "FortyJ" and "the mods" are all out to get you and the innocent people of Fanatika? Everybody who disagrees with your tactics or your interpretation of the rules is included in this evil group of conspirators.

I can think of one quote from a video game (Eklektikos should know it well). "What's wrong? The empire's paranoid?". That pretty much sums up the mood with this fiasco. I attempted to correct as many wrongs as possible, and still get piled on.

The citizens speak their mind, CT.

It's funny how the people in power always call the people they oppress paranoid. Must be a knee jerk reaction, huh?

Originally posted by Cyc
That's funny, Shaitan. I was going to say your first line in your post to you. Its you who needs to step back and take some deep breaths. You were the one who put up bold posts in the PI's. You're the one making wild statements about the validity of them still. You say you are boycotting them, but you keep carrying on your rediculous monologues and loose paraphrasing about the items that you are boycotting. It's you, Shaitan, who are making this into a circus with your wild statements. This is not the way of a Mod. But then you might be picking up eyrei's bad habits. Who knows. It could be all that coffee.

Oh, and btw, you're not a psychiatrist. I just thought I'd clue you in. I don't know how long you have been thinking you're one, but you're not. It's just another dream.
I boycotted the PI's, Cyc. This is a poll to determine the guilt or innocence of Chieftess. If you would care to review the various PI threads you will see that I have indeed boycotted them. One of the biggest reasons I boycotted them is the same reason I'll be dropping this thread. No matter what I say or how I say it the response is always the same. Insults, accusations, lies. Great. Lots of fun there. Thanks.

Anyway, I'm done trying to force any sort of logic into these proceedings.

BOLD MESSAGE: I have departed this thread. There is no compelling reason for me to endure more of this. If moderator help is needed please PM me or use the "report this post" link on the offending post.

Just for the record I have voted "guilty" in this poll, since Chieftess did break the law cited, and therefore is guilty by definition. Whether Chieftess is to be punished or not is another issue for another poll, and given the facts of the case leniency may well be in order - but as far as this poll is concerned I can in all conscience vote for no other option. Guilty as charged.

Oh, and I'm not a member of a paranoid mob, just in case you were wondering ;)

I voted innocent.

Chieftess did exactly what she was ordered to do. So what if she did it in the next T/C? It made no differance anyway. Also Cyc did not say anything about when this should be done. Just that it should be done. CT did exactly what she was told to.

Originally posted by Cyc
People of Fanatika, you must vote guilty on this charge. There is a reason that only one PI out of 4 was polled. It's because this PI is surely one the Chieftess can easily be found guilty of. They put this one out alone, knowing you would shun it or vote innocent out of personal feelings. PI #1 has already been in Judicial Review for no merit, so it will never see a poll. Shaitan and his cronies will use the same defense on PI #3 that they used with the Octavian/Falcon PI. That Chieftess could not possibly have broken a law that was written for me. (remember, I told you they would do that!) 40J is turning a blind eye to PI #2, ignoring the facts of the PI and ignoring the evidence that I produced at his requests. No matter what I provide, it will not help as 40J wants Chieftess to win. So that's 3 PI that don't stand a chance. This one does. As a Nation, we should stick together and win this one. Don't let the Mods rule your world! Fight back. We need to pull together to make sure one of these stick, and this is the only one you'll be allowed to vote on.

This is the most absurd, factless, and paranoid piece of pseudo-revolutionary drivle I have ever seen. Who are they? Who are we?

People are supposed to vote guilty because you think she is guilty? FortyJ is an evil dictator? The Moderators rule the world? That is about all the sense I can make out of it. But how can FortyJ be an evil dictator in a world ruled by mods when he is not a mod?

Oh, and this part was just funny:

It's because this PI is surely one the Chieftess can easily be found guilty of.

So you really did start 5 extra PIs even though you new she wasn't very guilty? That is just disgusting.

Chieftess did exactly what she was ordered to do. So what if she did it in the next T/C? It made no differance anyway. Also Cyc did not say anything about when this should be done. Just that it should be done. CT did exactly what she was told to.-Strider

Strider how would you have felt if CT did not implement you science queues until two turn chats after you posted the instructions? How would you fell about all that lost reasearch time.

Secondly, CYC DID specify a time for them to be done! He posted in a specific turn chat thread, for a specific date. He did not post in the Do this when you like turn chat thread. Strider I understand you believe CT did this on mistake, as do I. But we cannot let that give us a blurred vision of the law. CT did break this law. This poll is not sentencing, it is 'Did CT commit this act'. Please think of this with an open mind.

*sigh*sigh*sigh*

and i thought we disallowed discussions in pi-votes... as such i see no sense in those polls if we continue the pre-discussion in here.
it is like with the election-polls.... discussion in here is useless and should not be allowed...

Cyc, your comments from this morning are disheartening, if not outright incendiary. You are an excellent governor. Your instruction posts, and the corresponding graphics, have been some of the best that I can recall. But, the more you spew insults and inuendo of conspiracy, the more damage you do to your own cause.

Truth is, I had just sit down to post the remaining Trial polls on Naervod's behalf (you see, he's out of town and incapable of posting them himself), but I have run out of time and will not be able to do so until later tonight.

All of your PIs will see the light of a trial poll, with perhaps the exception of #3, as I consider that totally redundant with #4 (essentially trying her twice for the same violation). If Octavian and Naervod both disagree with my assessment, then #3 will also be brought to a trial poll.

BTW, I voted guilty on this charge, as she obviously committed the offense and has confessed to such. I also think that the penalty should fit the damage done by the crime, but that's another poll. :)

I would have voted guilty, but every time I try to post in a poll I get the message "vBulletin Message
The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.
Try this action again!"

Any suggestions to fix this?

PS: I am logged in whenever I try to vote.

Quoting eyrei:
This is the most absurd, factless, and paranoid piece of pseudo-revolutionary drivle I have ever seen. Who are they? Who are we?

People are supposed to vote guilty because you think she is guilty? FortyJ is an evil dictator? The Moderators rule the world? That is about all the sense I can make out of it. But how can FortyJ be an evil dictator in a world ruled by mods when he is not a mod?

Oh, and this part was just funny:

It's because this PI is surely one the Chieftess can easily be found guilty of.

So you really did start 5 extra PIs even though you new she wasn't very guilty? That is just disgusting.

Sorry, eyrei. Your opinion means little to nothing to me now that you have given up the ways of a mature Moderator and returned to the ways of the rampaging eyrei og DG1. Listen to yourself. It's the same with Shaitan. All the bold statements, the ranting and raving beceause one of his fellow Mods got PI'd. It has gotten ridiculous. You guys are supposed to be keeping the peace, not starting flame wars. And about your comment about my comment being disgusting...I'm not saying that it was the only one she was guilty of. She is guilty of all the charges. I'm saying because of the actions made by the Mods and judiciary, make the other PI's damn near impossible to bring to light. Also that in this PI, her guilt is easily seen.

You all need to step back and take a look at this. I can certainly understand Cyc's frustration which led to his impassioned speech earlier. For crying out loud our Chief Justice said earlier in this thread:

she obviously committed the offense and has confessed to such

and Shaitan himself posted in the PI discussion poll that he would vote guilty if the PI reached verdict poll. You would think that when the accused admits breaking the rule this would be a clear cut case yet almost half of the people have voted innocent! This makes a mockery of our constitution, our Col and our CoS and pretty much nullifies all the effort so many of us put into crafting our rules.

Originally posted by Cyc
All the bold statements, the ranting and raving

Have you read anything you have posted in the last 3 or 4 days? You describe yourself very well, here. I am not the slightest bit upset that Chieftess got PIed. I am pissed because she got PIed 6 times for the same thing! I don't know where you got this idea that we even care that Chieftess is another moderator. If someone had attempted to PI you six times at once, I would be giving them the exact same treatment. If I wasn't actively participating in the game, I would have simply closed all but one of them as soon as this bulls*** started. This is not fun for anyone, and serves no purpose.

eyrei she did not get pied six times for the same thing. There were two general and different issues: build queues and worker instructions. How many specific instances of the latter there were I do not know. And you know as well as I do that part of the reason Cyc filed some of the PIs stemmed from last term's fiascos of trying to get people off the hook using technicalities. everyone in this game freaks out when someone files a PI as if they were personal attacks rather than attempts to ensure the rules we made are followed. As mods you, Shaitan and Chieftess should understand better than the rest of us the purpose of, and need to abide by, the rules.

Originally posted by Cyc
The citizens speak their mind, CT.

It's funny how the people in power always call the people they oppress paranoid. Must be a knee jerk reaction, huh?

Ok I've been away from the DG for a few weeks. But WTH? Since when has the demo game become opressive? If you actually think the demogame is oppressive you need to take a break. Seriously man. Calm down. This game was SUPPOSED to be FUN. But apparently it isn't. The rules were put in place to stop some stuff from happening that would make the game imballanced. The wrong was writed, the PI should have been dropped. Is this a game or is it a sad attempt at some people pretending that they are activists or real life politicians?

I have tried to avoid this issue for quite some time, hoping that Fanatikans themselves could repair these fences... Sadly I fear they shalln't be repaired, but burnt even more.
Frankly, I wonder how deep these scars run. I have seen a group of friends tear apart all that they have worked so hard to build. Now please, stop it. Take a deep breath and think if this is really about a law being broken, really.
I won't say how I voted, if indeed I even voted. Enuff timber has been thrown into the fire.
This game was fun, it was something one could look forward to do, now it's turning into this, some of the trully founding fathers and mothers of this land bickering and pretending to argue while the raised voices let no one be heard.
Now please, do not reply to this, I have said my peace. I believe all you should do as well.

Ehecatl Atzin
I cast a shadow in your presence, and when we are all together there is light everywhere and no shadows are cast.

I must agree with donsig on one point. The fact that 14 people voted innocent shows that they are blind or are not voting fairly. This is not sentencing. This is (And I will say it again) "Did CT break this law" poll. I dont understand how an honest person with morals, values and dignity could go and vote no. It bogles the mind!

btw: if i remember the donsig-pi-affair then it was the same case there... people voted him innocent though they should have voted him guilty and no-punishment ;-)

This is my only post in any of these PI threads and for good reason too. I for one voted guilty. Its easy to see this part was violated not only here, but in other places. For example, Im going to have a harder time selling the move of New PDX since it has a university, despite asking for it to be changed.

Anyway, I just feel we should step back and take a breathing moment.

This has been my only PI post.

Cyc i think you need to take a big break from the game. You seem to be taking things way to personal.

I voted innocent, too many PI's this term yet again. We should be focusing on our game not our rules

Top Bottom