1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Tried for first UN win and Cultural Victory snuck up on me...

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by jb1964, Mar 12, 2004.

1. jb1964

jb1964 Hunter of Fish

OK, I won. But I really wanted that UN win.

I slaughtered China after they pulled a sneak attack on me. I also enlisted the services of the US and India. I got India up to gracious even after we had had an early war. Germany and I were also on good terms thanks to many deals and gifting. I thought the English were the ones to cripple so I picked a fight and drew the rest of the world into it. France jumped in on the side of the English before I tried otherwise. When the vote came Ghandi and that dork Bismarck voted for Catherine! Argh! Anyway, it was obviously inconclusive. Abe backed me and France and England abstained.

After the alliances lapsed things got real ugly. The wars, early peace treaties, subsequent wars had me feeling like I was in the eye of a hurricane.

My new plan was to eliminate India and really work on Germany, France and England for better relations. But allas, my culture snuck up on me.

I'll have to restart from a few years in the past and slow down the accumulation.

2. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Make sure you sell all your temples/libraries/cathedrals/universities/colloseums then.

3. Aramazd

Aramazd Chieftain

or just turn off Culture Victory

4. lbhhh

lbhhh Chieftain

In an emergency, you can also mobilize, it cuts culture production in half.

5. bluebox

bluebox Chieftain

sorry, but you can only do that before the game, in the game setup, i think. jb1964 wants to stay with his game.

@jb: sell the culture stuff and you might want to have a look at the article -> ai attitude exposed in the war academy (just in case you haven't seen it yet ;) )