Triremes

Hopestealer

Chieftain
Im fairly far along in my tech tree and for some reason my triremes and galleys wont leave the coastline. There doesn't seem to be any indication of what is wrong when I try to move them. Am I missing some technology?

They can only leave the coast only within YOUR cultural boundaries. Workboats can leave once Astronomy is discovered.

Nope, it's as it should be. Triremes and galleys cant' leav either the coast or your cultural borders.

I'm assuming you have a typo here somewhere as any unit (ship or otherwise) is able to leave your cultural borders. However, Triremes+Galleys+Pre-Astronomy Workboats can only do so if they remain along the coast.

Wait. So Workboats can travel the oceans after Astronomy, but Triremes and Galleys can't?

Hmmmm. I never knew that. So I can actually bring Workboats over to a "new" continent, rather than having to build them there?

I did not know that workboats could travel across the ocean after astronomy. That could save so much time in building those overseas fishing colonies. No wonder my advisors are always telling me to build workboats.

Top Bottom