• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Troops Near AI Boarders Possible Explanation

WeaselSlapper

Prince
I think I've figured out why the AI makes ridiculous claims of your troops being near their boarders. In my last game I had open boarders with several civs and they were sending scouts into my territory while I was gathering troops to take over a city state on the interior of my territory. It was early and all my forces were well inside my boarders except a single scout.

Suddenly I got messages from several AI players complaining about my troops near their boarders. I noticed they all had one thing in common, their scouting units were all near my mass of soldiers going toward the city state. As far as I can tell the your troops are near my boarders doesn't actually come from troops being close to the AI boards just that your troops are visible to one of their units.

If my observation is correct that would explain why the AI seems to make dumb claims of your troops being near their boarders.

I would love to hear if anyone else has had any similar experiences

I was playing on a Small Continents map, set for Huge, and I all of a sudden got a message from Catherine that I should remove my troops from her border, and then another one a couple of turns later where she said that I shouldn't settle near her.

This was pretty confusing to me because she was on the far end of another continent, nowhere near me. Until I saw what happened was that she had a small city on a island only four hexes big, and it was sort of close to a small city I had on an island only two hexes big (but surrounded by fish and oil! A terrific city).

Germany had wiped her out on her mainland, and that small city became her new capital, and I'm guessing she was more sensitive about being near that city once it was her capital.

Yes you're right, units are mistakenly taken for cultural borders, but it's been a long time this problem has been found :D

Check forums more often ;)

Top Bottom