Truck Mounted Rocket Artillery

muffins

Lemon scented
My second unit to boot

It has Run, Death, Fortify, Attack and Fidget animations plus smoke, shadow and Civ colours. I'll probably inprove the unit when I have time since I'm in no way happy with it. Those textures suck for a start :rolleyes:

I've split the unit in two because of the size (15 frames in every direction)

The previews first

Fortify

Attachments

• Fortify.gif
    Fortify.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 2,083
This is good, the textures on the truck make the unit look professionally done, only problem I have is the death animation. A military vehicle like this wouldn't tip over cleanly(With the rockets falling neatly in the opposite direction). An explosion or something would have been better I think..check out Aaglo's rocket launcher death for an example...

Other than that this thing is GREAT! :goodjob: Would it be an offensive unit or part of the Artillery line Muffins?

MY PREDICTION: Look out Aaglo, Bebro, Kinboat here comes MUFFINS! :mischief: :lol:

MUCH better than your tank (which was pretty nice) a HUGE improvement. :goodjob: I'd use it as Arty, Btw.

You're getting better. Keep it up!

AWESOME! Are you just going to do vehicles?
BTW, I have to say that the death is too clean. Sorry!

These look great, muffins. If you are redoing the death, perhaps a small explosion under the truck could cause the tipping, then you could have the rockets fall in different directions. Which could cause some secondary explosions....

Hey, guys ... please let this thread die. I've gotten much better since I made this unit and, quite frankly, I'm kinda embarassed to keep seeing it here

it's not so bad but have you considered a revised version?

unscratchedfoot said:
Why? :( Okay, so the death anim most probably won't get you a noble peace prize, but the truck and rocket launch effects are cool.
I've been getting to know OpenFX quite well and the powerful effects that can be added - smoke, fire, explosions etc. I promise you, when I redo this unit with a new model and new animations, it will blow the old unit out-of-the water, so-to-speak ;)

I've got a lot of other units in the pipeline so my poor old rocket truck is going to have to wait a while.

Top Bottom