Truespace Tutorial - Modeling 101

when I press crtl + d it seems to copy and paste my object... and the export object is indeed not highlighted.

but if I don't select my object then nothing happens...

EDIT: ok, so I tried looking at the help guide, and they told me to click the triangle next to create, and to select what I wanted to export (my own object, wich was soothed if that matters), and when I click export, I get the ''error'' noise, and nothing happens.

I use bryce 5.5 if that matters

ok, so I made an object in truespace, and I colored it, and I drew things on it. but when I import it in bryce, only the ''background'' colors of each object is imported, not the drawings. how can I make bryce import the drawings, too?

ok, 1 more question

how do I make my objects ''morphable'', like as a cape? objects I make now can not be ''morphed''

what I want to do is make a tube that is able to bend, like kinboats paperdoll can bend its arms. How do I do this?

well several ways to make morphs.

Most common method (especially for new Poser users)
1. Make object in modeler
2. import object in to Poser and do NOT change the size.
3. use magnets within poser to bend it around (or make a custom skeleton, etc) and once you are done,
4. you export the changed object with a new name as a OBJ
5. exit poser or close all the workspaces
6. load the original object
7. load morph object, one of the menus in the middle, can not recall precisely
8. name the morph, test the dial
9. save the object (character or prop) to a poser library

Basically it is as simple as you have an object (or objects) with a fixed geometry You save that as object_base. You can then save multile variations of this as Object_morph1 etc... each change is a new dial Do not make multi changes with a single dial until you get the hang of it or the results might be weird. These changed versions can be done in a modeler, in poser, etc.

Back to your "real" question...
a bendable tube. This can be done with magnets/morphs. But, given the degree of bending, you are better off loading the object and going in to the set up room and making a set of bones for it. Morphs are from state-A to state-B. For multi-directional or gradual/multi-jointed changes a boned character will work better.

I think I know how the bones thing work, though I got something else.

I want to ''hollow'' a cilinder, so I get a cilinder, and another one wich I make slightly smaller, and I use that substract from eachother thing.

but whenever I do that the horizontal lines on my cilinder go away, wich gives me trouble with poser and the morphable facettes of the piece of clothing that I make! how can I stop this from happening?

the sub-tract thing is called a boolean operation. I did not notice that it was reducing the vertical poly count. Hmm... normally the rule of thumb there (in Truespace) is the booleans of like (similar) objects work best. But you can try increasing the number of polys in the inner cylinder.
Or alternately play with the boolean settings and see if there is a way there to keep this from happening.

I can not try it myself as I have not yet installed my 3d apps on my new pc. everytime I start the wife or kids need something.

Top Bottom