Truth or salesman

Narnia

Prince
With Christmas time comming around any my parents asking me what I want this year I've been looking around at softwere for my new computer. One of the games I was looking at required at least a Pentium D duel core 2.4 GHz processor. I have a intel i7 8 core processor that runs at 1.73Ghz. My computer far exceeds the recomended requirements in all other catagories. Will the game run on my computer? The guy at Gamestop said that the i7 processor was more efficient or something than this older processor so even though my processor has a slower clock speed, it was still more than capable of running the game. Was he telling the truth or was he just trying to get another sale? PS: I'm running windows 7x64 if that makes a difference. The game I was looking at was Assassin's Creed 1 for the PC.

I'm sure you can play it.

Jepp, one core of a i7 is more than twice as fast as one core of a P4/D of the same clock speed. And depending on the application, it can either use its additional cores or will overclock itself automatically to gain an even bigger advantage.

With a Core i7 you can essentially triple the clock speed to equate it to a Pentium 4/D

With Christmas time comming around any my parents asking me what I want this year I've been looking around at softwere for my new computer. One of the games I was looking at required at least a Pentium D duel core 2.4 GHz processor. I have a intel i7 8 core processor that runs at 1.73Ghz. My computer far exceeds the recomended requirements in all other catagories. Will the game run on my computer? The guy at Gamestop said that the i7 processor was more efficient or something than this older processor so even though my processor has a slower clock speed, it was still more than capable of running the game. Was he telling the truth or was he just trying to get another sale? PS: I'm running windows 7x64 if that makes a difference. The game I was looking at was Assassin's Creed 1 for the PC.

Yes your CPU is fast enough, it is 2-3 times as fast as a Pentium D, it also only has 4 cores, Intel fakes four extra cores

You will PWN that game most extremely. No worries.

Top Bottom