Old World Game Support?

jsurpless

Warlord
I am trying to find a technical support contact for Old World but can't seem to?

Any suggestions on that or why it's running slow as below?

---- Email sent to Epic Games ----

I just purchased Old World and it seems to cause my iMac to run extremely slowly when in the background so much so that I am unable to switch back to it.

I believe it meets the requirements at
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/...-inch-aluminum-retina-5k-late-2015-specs.html

It’s a 6th-generation i7 4.0 Ghz w/ AMD Radeion R9 M395X 4GB

Running MacOS Big Sur v11.3.1

It doesn’t appear to be a CPU issue

Got your email. Note it is the weekend so I can't get an answer from the engineers till the week starts.

Got your email. Note it is the weekend so I can't get an answer from the engineers till the week starts.

Hi Dale

I haven't heard from anyone yet? I'd like to get this squared away before my return window closes.

Hi Dale

I haven't heard from anyone yet? I'd like to get this squared away before my return window closes.

Sorry, we're actually really flooded with reports we're working on, and unfortunately Mac is one area we aren't as technically proficient in.

I would say though, that because the game does run you meet spec. The main thing to meet is Metal, and it appears you meet that requirement. As for why it slows down the mac in the background I couldn't even begin to guess. My experience with macs ends in 1995. Yours is the first report of running slow in the background, but we do have some performance reports for Radeon graphics cards which we are trying to improve.

Bottom line, I can't give you an answer right now what the issue is. It is probably related to other Radeon issues reported on mac, which is one of the things engineers will look at, but I can't give you a timeline either sorry.

Hi Dale

I know just a out nothing about playing on Mac, so I'm afraid I can't really offer help. I know some players on the OW discord are playing on Mac. They haven't reported the same problem, but perhaps you could find some help there ?

Top Bottom