Trying to set up multiplayer on Tunngle

LuisTheWolf

Chieftain
I have been trying to set up a multiplayer game on Tunngle for me and my one friends. Not sure exactly how and all attempts have lead to nothing showing up in game to play. Can someone run me threw the proper way to set a multiplayer game?

Also, if this is the wrong thread to put this in, im sorry.

I'm guessing it's a VPN akin to Hamachi.
It was easy to set up a fake LAN game for C2C with hamachi the last time I tried about 2 years ago.

@LuisTheWolf: If you have the Steam version of BtS you will have to activate the beta version for MP to work. The steam beta version is actually the original final version of the game before Valve tampered with the game code.

Last edited:
Has anyone here heard of Tunngle?

That's exactly the case. Tunngle is akin to Hamachi. I believe its free version allows for more people on the same emulated LAN room then Hamachi. As Hamachi oftenly stops working (but usually starts working again after an update), I experimented with this Tunngle a few years back, and it's also great to play CIV MP. The only down side to me was the bombardment of ads in its interface.

I have been trying to set up a multiplayer game on Tunngle for me and my one friends. Not sure exactly how and all attempts have lead to nothing showing up in game to play. Can someone run me threw the proper way to set a multiplayer game?

Luis, if you speak portuguese, and prefer talking on that language, feel free to PM me about the issue. I'm guessing this because of your account name. But back to topic: Here are a few tips for setting up an MP game of CIV:

- It doesn't matter how you're playing, you should always go to Multiplayer > Direct IP. Local Area never worked properly since the beginning of CIV. PitBoss currently doesn't work with C2C (as far as I can tell), and Play By Email and Hotseat aren't for 2 or more players playing in their respective computers at the same time.

- Done that, you must know the host's IP to put it in the IP field of Direct IP Multiplayer option. In Tunngle you can probably see this somewhere in the room you created to play with your friends (or by right clicking the host's name in said room). It can be named IPv4 (in Hamachi I'm sure it's called IPv4, but I didn't use Tunngle that many times to remember). It looks like this: #s.#s.#s.#s, where '#s' stands for 1 to 3 number digits, and those are 4 groups separated by '.'s.

You must use the IP provided by Tunngle or any other LAN emulator if you're using one. Your router will also provide you with an IP, and that should only be used if you're playing together with your friends on the same LAN.

- If you can't find this IP on tunngle, you may go to the Command Prompt on windows and type 'ipconfig'. It'll show all IPs associated with your connections, so you must search for the one related to your LAN emulator (tunngle)

- Done that you're good to go, at least from the LAN emulator and CIV MP steps. Then you must ask someone else if new issues arise, as these will probably be related to Cavemen 2 Cosmos, and I'm not well versed on that to give you any tips. I hope this helps!

It was easy to set up a fake LAN game for C2C with hamachi the last time I tried about 2 years ago.

@LuisTheWolf: If you have the Steam version of BtS you will have to activate the beta version for MP to work. The steam beta version is actually the original final version of the game before Valve tampered with the game code.

Thats set up in "betas" under game propertys, right? I'll have to try that to see if it is.

That's exactly the case. Tunngle is akin to Hamachi. I believe its free version allows for more people on the same emulated LAN room then Hamachi. As Hamachi oftenly stops working (but usually starts working again after an update), I experimented with this Tunngle a few years back, and it's also great to play CIV MP. The only down side to me was the bombardment of ads in its interface.

Luis, if you speak portuguese, and prefer talking on that language, feel free to PM me about the issue. I'm guessing this because of your account name. But back to topic: Here are a few tips for setting up an MP game of CIV:

- It doesn't matter how you're playing, you should always go to Multiplayer > Direct IP. Local Area never worked properly since the beginning of CIV. PitBoss currently doesn't work with C2C (as far as I can tell), and Play By Email and Hotseat aren't for 2 or more players playing in their respective computers at the same time.

- Done that, you must know the host's IP to put it in the IP field of Direct IP Multiplayer option. In Tunngle you can probably see this somewhere in the room you created to play with your friends (or by right clicking the host's name in said room). It can be named IPv4 (in Hamachi I'm sure it's called IPv4, but I didn't use Tunngle that many times to remember). It looks like this: #s.#s.#s.#s, where '#s' stands for 1 to 3 number digits, and those are 4 groups separated by '.'s.

You must use the IP provided by Tunngle or any other LAN emulator if you're using one. Your router will also provide you with an IP, and that should only be used if you're playing together with your friends on the same LAN.

- If you can't find this IP on tunngle, you may go to the Command Prompt on windows and type 'ipconfig'. It'll show all IPs associated with your connections, so you must search for the one related to your LAN emulator (tunngle)

- Done that you're good to go, at least from the LAN emulator and CIV MP steps. Then you must ask someone else if new issues arise, as these will probably be related to Cavemen 2 Cosmos, and I'm not well versed on that to give you any tips. I hope this helps!

I dont speak Portuguese, sadly, barly can speak English, but thats just becuse of the poor educational system. lol.

Anyways, I'll have to sit down and try to do this. I use to use Hamachi, but me and my friends found it garbage and irratateing to use, mostly because of how often it bugged out our computer's connections up when we used it. (We still to this day can not find out why.) Ill let ya know if this works for me.

Top Bottom