TSG146 After Actions

Hammer Rabbi

Deity
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the TSG 146 After Actions Report. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please use the Civ5 game submission page to submit your final, first play through, .Civ5Save file, saved AFTER the victory ceremony if you were not conquered (using the "Lemme play one more turn" feature.).

- How many cities did you settle before starting the domination?
- How many neighbors were conquered pre-t150?
- What was the conquering order? Discuss why.
- Did Greece's UA play any role in an Immortal Domination Victory?

Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay). Please refrain from posting videos until the deadline for submission is over.

Game status: Domination Victory
Game date: 675BC
Turns played: 88
Base score: 444
Final score: 2611

- How many cities did you settle before starting the domination?
2-city Liberty. Planted the expo very close, the double sheep spot, and only grew it to size 2. Collective Rule was quick because I got the God King pantheon early.
- How many neighbors were conquered pre-t150?
All of them. I went for a CB rush, a chariot rush would've been faster perhaps. Still, upgraded 10 CBs around turn 50 and just rolled from there.
- What was the conquering order? Discuss why.
1st army - Maya, Huns, Shoshone; 2nd army - Siam, Russia. Pocatello planted an annoying city in my face while I was busy with the Mayans, so I just took that in a peace deal and went for Attila first.
- Did Greece's UA play any role in an Immortal Domination Victory?
Easy allies all game long with Tyre

Game date: 980AD
Turns played: 159
Base score: 763
Final score: 2461

Settled just one city, on the river to the southeast with lots of sheep and horses. Built stable there.

Conquering order: Maya, Shoshone capital (they were already wiped out by the Huns, liberated their 2nd city), Huns, then sent my army all the way over to Russia who had great wall but it wasn't a big issue as her cities were far apart. Lastly went for Siam who fell t159.

Building 2 armies like vadalaz did would probably have been more efficient.

My first 100 turns went really well; conquered the Maya first, and then Siam. Paid the Huns to finish-off Maya so they didn't rise up from the ashes and bite me, and to fight Shoshone to keep them both busy. A hundred turns later and I'm stuck in a quagmire with Attila. He's slightly ahead in tech; he has rifles, lancers, and trebuchets (and maybe cannons that I haven't seen yet) and I have muskets, cavalry, cannons, and Navigation but haven't build frigates yet (frigates are useless against Huns; they were for attacking the Shoshone Great Wall next.) I'm killing lots of his units and losing just a few, but he can build replacements faster. I can win this with artillery but that's still a ways off, and I don't have any gold for upgrading my cannons anyway.

I screwed up by participating in the World's Fair instead of just building more muskets, cav, cannons, and crossbows. I should bring all my workers out on the battlefield to chop the forests so I can maneuver better and shoot farther...

Think I'm going to start over and try Honor instead of Liberty. I may post the results but I won't submit them. I could really use the gold from kills (gold is scarce in a Liberty game) and the cheaper upgrades, plus barbarians are still popping up and kicking my butt even this late. I thought the AI's would exterminate the barbs, but they didn't because all the warmongering by me and Attila.

I can't believe vadalaz finished in less than 90 turns! That doesn't seem like enough turns to build a second army, but obviously he did.

For fast domination you should be building mostly units, and some basic infrastructure. I ended up building Pyramids and Statue of Zeus in my game, but mainly because my army was already large enough and took ages to travel across the continent.
Should have divided it into two, as my army with comp cavalry, hoplites, crossbows, and cats/trebuchets was way overkill for both Russia and Siam. When my two trebuchets finally arrived at the gates of the SIamese capital, they just needed two shots each to reduce the cities' defenses to zero (about 50 damage per shot!).
I find it hard to anticipate how many units I'm going to need to quickly conquer a city. Either I fall short and get stuck forever, or I get overkill like with the last two civs... overkill is definitely better :D

Game date: 1610AD
Turns played: 232
Base score: 1391
Final score: 3023
Time played: 4:29:00

Well, nothing like a sub 90 turn victory to make you feel like a chump! I've got some work to do on my quick domination technique, but it's always nice to win.

Game date: 1814AD
Turns played: 277
Base score: 2018
Final score: 3669

I'm way behind but I'm happy just to win on Immortal so I'm submitting.

I built Sparta east on the coast to have a port, then attacked Siam. The city-state UA kept happiness positive. The Maya were next and the army confidently headed south to beat the Shoshone and then the Huns. The final part of the plan was to sail over to Russia and wrap everything up.

At turn 150 I had three trebuchets bombarding Moson Kahni. At turn 157 I had one trebuchet and was in retreat. I had let a swordsman get within two tiles which the trebuchet couldn't see because it wasn't stacked with a great general.

The next long while was spent wandering through the jungle fighting the Huns. I got behind on happiness so I had to wait for an ideology. In the end I repeated the Shoshone-Hun-Russia sequence and finally won.

Top Bottom