1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TSG91 After Action

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Santa Maria

Santa Maria Warlord

I didn't go for diplo, just built Keshiks and conquered everyone - it was an easy sweep, Turn 199 Domination victory. With Keshiks it's really easy to wipe everyone out.

2. QuizMan

QuizMan Quisling

Game: Civ5 GOTM 91
    Your name: Quizman
    Game status: Diplomacy Victory
    Game date: 1880AD
    Turns played: 311
    Base score: 2626
    Final score: 4235
    Time played: 9:43:00

As expected, what started well finished with success by slowly. Following on from my opening actions post, I took out Haile by T110 (I think) and then started moving north and east. Alex fell at T129 which resulted in DoW from all the other civs. None were a threat for my mighty keshik and horse army and I did not lose a single unit. I let Dido and Assyria live (she was weak and they were far away), but everyone else fell easily. Spain was no more at t146, Mongols at t170 and Pachacuti at t194. (All timings are approximate). After that it was permanent peace and complete boredom. Although, thinking back, happiness was interesting for a while. I think -24 was the highest I achieved and I needed a small army in my capital to deal with rebels.

Relations with the surviving AI's never improved beyond guarded which restricted trading and negotiations.

I must read up on how others fared to see how I can speed things up; it just took me forever to get to atomic age. Especially I must check out religion which I more or less avoided. On reflection, that was a big mistake. We live and learn, eh?

3. airneck

airneck Chieftain

Your name: airneck
    Game date: 1957AD
    Turns played: 378
    Base score: 1257
    Final score: 1676
    Time played: 4:52:00

It was a slow victory

3 cities, strong and big ones

Never wanted to Dow anybody, was a peaceful player with a light army

All CS were my allied

I was loaded :)

I didn't expect the Mongols to be able to grab so much gold.

Alexander DoWed once, but my artillery was strong enough.
    Haile was quite and peaceful, was a long and friendly leader.

Policies
    Full trad then full Patronage then Commerce...
    Commerce was probably silly, I should have won earlier if I had chosen Rationalism

I believe I should have worked more on my science.

4. Zlither

Zlither Chieftain

Date submitted: 2014-08-31 23:51:52
    Reference number: 31621
    Your name: zlither
    Game date: 1915AD
    Turns played: 336
    Base score: 1483
    Final score: 2213

Forgot the voting that occurs when entering the last era, so lost 20 turns. Sigh.

Very easy, if slow, victory. Settled cities near same location as Glory7, but cap on coast and Beshbalik was 1 north (to get river). So far ahead of the AI that I didn't pay attention.

Alex was more testy than his normal obnoxious self. DoW'ed me on the turn before I took "Arsenal of Democracy". He quickly offered Corinth.

Took Ethiopia's capital after declaring war to prevent their settler headed (1 turn ahead of me) for KS's Mines. That and Corinth were very helpful cities.

Anyone else notice that you can get the railroad production bonus before the tiles are complete?

Barely used the Kashiks. Should have played more aggressively.

Thanks to mods for running this.

-z