TSG99 After Action

T299 Science victory

went freedom as well, had 5 city total, late NC, went tradition liberty mix than rationalism with commerce - bought all parts.

T263 Science Victory

First time playing GOTM. Went for a three city NC, followed by two more cities for a total of five cities.

Capital BO :: Scout, Scout, Scout, Monument, Shrine, Worker, Granary, Caravan, Library, Settler, NC, 2 Settlers, HS

SP: Tradition and Liberty mix, Rationalism, Commerce opener for Big Ben, Order (two Lvl3 tenets 'Iron Curtain' & 'Spaceflight Pioneers')

Religion: Earth Mother, Tithe, Feed the World, Religious Community, Itinerant Preachers (realized this can be powerful than religious texts in some cases). A lot of russian and netherlands cities got converted giving a lot of gold.

This was my first game with the latest patch. I felt the initial game was slow, probably because of late 'Legalism' and 'Landed Elite'. Completed NC at around T80. After turn 100 BPT picked up well. Purchased 2 Univ, 5 Public Schools (Skyscrapers policy helped) and 5 Research Labs.

Generated a lot of Great Scientists. Planted two, burned one for Electricity and used Oxford free tech for Radio. I felt like I did not use GS well in the end. Had to wait for like 5 turns for the last SS tech to finish.

Surprisingly, I did not get any DOF's and therefore no RA's. In my previous games I was getting quite a few DOF's even in Immortal and Deity. Does this have anything to do with the latest patch?

- Did you use your Winged Hussars or Ducal Stables?
Did not use Winged Hussars, but Ducal Stables were useful for a bit more gold

- Did you use spying to your advantage?
Nope

- Did the map type help or hinder victory and how?
Map has decent amount of space to expand. Could have gone for more than 5 cities

- How did the difficulty level affect your game decisions?
Got lots of wonders: HS, CI, Oracle, SC, Pisa, Taj, Big Ben, PT, Kremlin, Hubble

- Was Faith helpful to achieve victory? How?
Tithe helped in getting a lot of gpt mid and late game

- Did you get Poland to Space?
Yes

First time playing GOTM.
Welcome to CivFanatics and GOTM. :wavey:

For a first submission, second place isn't bad. Congrats and best of luck in future. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom