1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TSG99 After Action

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Santa Maria

Santa Maria Warlord

T299 Science victory

went freedom as well, had 5 city total, late NC, went tradition liberty mix than rationalism with commerce - bought all parts.

2. vindy

vindy Chieftain

T263 Science Victory

First time playing GOTM. Went for a three city NC, followed by two more cities for a total of five cities.

Capital BO :: Scout, Scout, Scout, Monument, Shrine, Worker, Granary, Caravan, Library, Settler, NC, 2 Settlers, HS

SP: Tradition and Liberty mix, Rationalism, Commerce opener for Big Ben, Order (two Lvl3 tenets 'Iron Curtain' & 'Spaceflight Pioneers')

Religion: Earth Mother, Tithe, Feed the World, Religious Community, Itinerant Preachers (realized this can be powerful than religious texts in some cases). A lot of russian and netherlands cities got converted giving a lot of gold.

This was my first game with the latest patch. I felt the initial game was slow, probably because of late 'Legalism' and 'Landed Elite'. Completed NC at around T80. After turn 100 BPT picked up well. Purchased 2 Univ, 5 Public Schools (Skyscrapers policy helped) and 5 Research Labs.

Generated a lot of Great Scientists. Planted two, burned one for Electricity and used Oxford free tech for Radio. I felt like I did not use GS well in the end. Had to wait for like 5 turns for the last SS tech to finish.

Surprisingly, I did not get any DOF's and therefore no RA's. In my previous games I was getting quite a few DOF's even in Immortal and Deity. Does this have anything to do with the latest patch?

- Did you use your Winged Hussars or Ducal Stables?
    Did not use Winged Hussars, but Ducal Stables were useful for a bit more gold

- Did you use spying to your advantage?
    Nope

- Did the map type help or hinder victory and how?
    Map has decent amount of space to expand. Could have gone for more than 5 cities

- How did the difficulty level affect your game decisions?
    Got lots of wonders: HS, CI, Oracle, SC, Pisa, Taj, Big Ben, PT, Kremlin, Hubble

- Was Faith helpful to achieve victory? How?
    Tithe helped in getting a lot of gpt mid and late game

- Did you get Poland to Space?
    Yes

3. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Welcome to CivFanatics and GOTM. :wavey:

For a first submission, second place isn't bad. Congrats and best of luck in future. :thumbsup: