[Tuning] Pantheons - Round 2!

That's a good strategy, actually. As she doesn't compete in the race of religion, she can take her time and prioritize other valuable things (units, Monuments, Settlers, Workers...). The ability to focus on infrastructure and still being guaranteed to get an (even optimal!) religion is her early game strength. If AI does these considerations... I don't know.
Right, I forgot that in VP she always gets a religion... Kind of funny, in one of my games she founded 3 religions because her Holy City was conquered 2 times.

Right, I forgot that in VP she always gets a religion... Kind of funny, in one of my games she founded 3 religions because her Holy City was conquered 2 times.
But it's not optimal to leave founding for very late. If most neighboring cities are already converted to another religion, pressure can be underwhelming.

If possible, I'd prefer Theodora AI being tweaked to focus more on:
1.) Founding early (like tu_79 said) and
2.) Selecting a 2nd founder/enhancer with her bonus belief.

of course, she shouldn't found very late, but I think, Monument-unit-shrine is a good build order for Theodora (much more than for others who need to build shrine first mostly to get a shot at religion), and that would already suffice to explain the late pantheon founding in the test game.

Eh? What's the idea with changing Goddess of Springtime in the latest patch to give 2 Gold and 1 Food on Plantations? This was weak enough as it was having to wait for Plantations for so long, losing the Culture brutalizes this Pantheon completely. Where are these random undiscussed changes coming from?

EDIT: I apologize for my strong reaction - I was certainly surprised, though.

Last edited:
Eh? What's the idea with changing Goddess of Springtime in the latest patch to give 2 Gold and 1 Food on Plantations? This was weak enough as it was having to wait for Plantations for so long, losing the Culture brutalizes this Pantheon completely. Where are these random undiscussed changes coming from?

ElliotS would like a word.

Undiscussed? It's been pretty thoroughly discussed.

The pantheon was too strong. Since the faith is moved off the plantation it's become really good at founding, and it offers a LOT of yields per city. With 2 plantations you'd get 9 yields in the city, and many cities have more than 2 plantations. Hell, 3 of the yields are on market, which means you don't need to work anything to get them.

How many other pantheons can offer that amount of raw yields? Very few. Removing the culture with no replacement was an option, and the next step if it's still over-performing is to remove the gold.

I had a start that was basically the holy grail of plantation starts; three bananas, three plantation lux tiles, and I was indonesia to boot. I had to wait for jungle chopping, but holy crap, my capital was insane.

Top Bottom