Turkish MOD - Turks as a playable civilization

mazzz said:
cool, how did u get the sounds in turkish?
Lol, wasn't easy to start with, i'll tell you the secrets later perhaps. :) Have you played with the sounds yet? How do you like it?

I just downloaded the new patch and you did a pretty good job with the sounds. It's been a long time since I watched any of his movies but is one of the unit sounds possibly from Inek Saban?

Anyways back to why I wrote this post. I read the thread carefully a couple of times and I hate to say this but I can't get my flag to work either and it doesn't look like anybody's come up with a grand solution. Everything else seems to be in order except for the fact that in place of where the Turkish flag is there's a white area.

I also have have one more question about the Art0.fpk file. I looked and looked for that file but can not find it. I found a folder with that name but nothing in it and the only fpk's that I've ran across are the asset0(1,2,...).fpk's.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Oh, I see you've already disovered an Easter Egg. :) I love it when he says that prior to building a city. About the flag problem, unfortunately I haven't been able to solve it yet. Some people have no problems at all, and some do, so I believe it's related to different graphic cards. I promise I will try to test more soon and perhaps come up with another flag that is less detailed.

There is a thread about modding tools where you can find a fpk unpacker rleased by Firaxis. That one helps unpack the Art0.fpk file if you are interested.

Well.... I was wondering something. In the installation steps in your mod, I skipped the deletion of the cache file, mainly because I couldn't find it, and I still can't. Could that be the reason why the flag shows up white?

I'm also looking for a couple of opinions concerning the Jannisaries. I'm going to try to skin one and I'm kind of bent on what unit to replace. To my knowledge, the Jannisaries were excellent at swordsmanship and marksmanship. I'm lost wheter to replace some kind of archer (longbowman) or a sword unit (swordsmen or maybe knight).

And they were also the first army corps to use rifles. They could as well be the first rifleman unit with the discovery of gunpowder. As early as 15th century Janissaries were equipped with rifles and that was the end for many ancient kingdoms such as Mameluks and Hungarians.

I created a Turkish civ myself here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=143865 and I've used many ideas of this thread as civilopedia entry, idea for the second leader and others. I'm posting to say thanks!!!
I'm posting to offer help too: I did a 3d LH, static, for Sultan Selim I, in case it interest to the creators of this Turkish Civ, just download my file to get the *.dds files necessary for this LHs. :D And I'll create a 3d model for President Ataturk too, u can use in this mod if u want ;) I'll create this new model soon.

I expect I can help u and thanks for help me :)

Oh man CivArmy.... you beat me to creating a Jannisary. Pretty much just shattered my dreams. I just hope it has the unit sounds like Tunch Khan's.

Lord_Thor said:
Oh man CivArmy.... you beat me to creating a Jannisary. Pretty much just shattered my dreams. I just hope it has the unit sounds like Tunch Khan's.

if u want, u can use this unit for this mod or another one, my pleasure :) thanks for enjoying!
unfortunally I didn't create the new sounds :( but if someone wants to do that, please, do and I'll use :D

You are welcome CivArmy s. 1994 :). The more Turkish Mods floating around, the better.
I will download and check your graphic files, to see if your flag is more compatible than the one i am using. It would be great if you could skin a rifleman for Janissary unit, i have a thread with some Janissary graphics here.

Tunch Khan said:
You are welcome CivArmy s. 1994 :). The more Turkish Mods floating around, the better.
I will download and check your graphic files, to see if your flag is more compatible than the one i am using. It would be great if you could skin a rifleman for Janissary unit, i have a thread with some Janissary graphics here.

I did the Janissary unit using skin work, check the files ;)
It is the first view of Ataturk, I expect some feedback for changes. Now I'm going do create others models for others leaders.

EDITED: OLD PREVIEW REMOVED

I have seen the Janissary unit yes, but it's still somewhat like a french unit. I guess only with skinning that's the best we can then. I mean without proper modeling it must be difficult to have Janissary features.

About Ataturk, well, I don't know what to say. It's good work, but not Ataturk or nowhere close yet. Try blue eyes and a roundish face with high cheek bones, and then lets see how we can improve. Do you need his images? I've posted a million of them here and there on these forums.

Tunch Khan said:
I have seen the Janissary unit yes, but it's still somewhat like a french unit. I guess only with skinning that's the best we can then. I mean without proper modeling it must be difficult to have Janissary features.

About Ataturk, well, I don't know what to say. It's good work, but not Ataturk or nowhere close yet. Try blue eyes and a roundish face with high cheek bones, and then lets see how we can improve. Do you need his images? I've posted a million of them here and there on these forums.

I did some changes on the LHs, check the old image again ;) What do u think now?
People r asking to me change my Janissary of Rifleman to Swordsman or archer unit type, what do u think?

Tunch Khan a while ago while looking at these forums I came across some pics that you posted of Jannisaries. Could you provide me with the link to that thread becuase I just can't happen to find them again.

Lord_Thor said:
Tunch Khan a while ago while looking at these forums I came across some pics that you posted of Jannisaries. Could you provide me with the link to that thread becuase I just can't happen to find them again.
Here you go. :)

Wow CivArmy strikes back!

Great work on Ataturk! I love it! The stars should be placed a bit more properly maybe, and you should give him a bit more of a serious look, as that's how he's portrayed in most of his photographs...even though his late photos always show him smiling or laughing.

I wonder if these ones are animated or not?

Hahahah, I just downloaded the new version and hearing Inek Saban was the funniest thing I've encountered in a while.

Here's another Janissary image, again portrayed with rifles:

PS.I'm happy to find you are enjoying the little easter egg. ;) How's the flag working for you?

Lord_Thor said:
I just downloaded the new patch and you did a pretty good job with the sounds. It's been a long time since I watched any of his movies but is one of the unit sounds possibly from Inek Saban?

Anyways back to why I wrote this post. I read the thread carefully a couple of times and I hate to say this but I can't get my flag to work either and it doesn't look like anybody's come up with a grand solution. Everything else seems to be in order except for the fact that in place of where the Turkish flag is there's a white area.

I also have have one more question about the Art0.fpk file. I looked and looked for that file but can not find it. I found a folder with that name but nothing in it and the only fpk's that I've ran across are the asset0(1,2,...).fpk's.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

two things you can do

1. download dds converter (the link for it is somewhere in the forums) after the installation start the program then on the upper part of the program window youll see LOOK IN TO where you are able to select many picture formats (dds is one of them) from there select the file FLAGDECALE_MOONSTAR.dds which is included with the Turkish Mod pack and located at C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Turkish MOD\Assets\Art\interface\teamcolor\flagdecal_moonstar.dds then reconvert
THE DDS TOOOOO DDS

the reason you might want to take these long steps is that there is a little chance that you might get to see a blury RED Colored Moonstar along with the red flag.

2. Tunc helped me with this thanks to him

GOTO

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Turkish MOD\Assets\XML\Art

open the Civ4artdefines_civilitaztions file with WORDPAD and locate

<Type>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_TURKEY</Type>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civilizations/Turkey.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civics_Civilizations_Religions_Atlas.dds,5,7</Button>
<Path>Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_MoonStar.dds</Path>
<bWhiteFlag>1</bWhiteFlag>

CHANGE the 1 in this line to 0 <bWhiteFlag>1</bWhiteFlag> save and exit.

There you have a red flag without the moonstar.

WHICH SUCKS

Whats your graphic card I have geforce 4 mx 440 ?????

Wow.. Thanks for that extremely detailed info. While the moonstar would have been better, the red color is definently better then white.

For the graphic card business .... I have the same one. GeForce 4 MX 440

Lord_Thor said:
Wow.. Thanks for that extremely detailed info. While the moonstar would have been better, the red color is definently better then white.

For the graphic card business .... I have the same one. GeForce 4 MX 440

The flag in Civ army Turks patch WORKS !!!!!! But its fully red when combined with Tuncs Patch.

No problem. :)

Top Bottom