1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 1, 3960 BC

Discussion in 'Team Innovia' started by Ginger_Ale, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Veera Anlai

Veera Anlai Southern Belle

Yeah, that is a bit of a stretch. DaveShack, would you mind forwarding the game saves to my email address at mfs10@students.uwf.edu from now on? I'd like to take a look at what we have going on. Thanks. :)

2. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

Is it possible to upload the save here for us all to take a peek at?

3. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

sorry, I keep getting home, pushing it through to get it to the other Dave before he goes to bed, and then the kids help me forget there hasn't been an update in the thread. :blush:

All the saves are available on the team gmail account. It should be possible to set it up to forward everything automagically, if that hasn't been done by later today then I'll do it.

I also have some screenies so will upload them.

As for the game itself, we're just about ready to pop out our warrior for MP duty, and are close to growing to size 2. There is another lake north of the one we knew about already. We have room for about 6 cities in our little patch of eden, and then there is a fairly barren zone before the land improves again. We're about 6 turns away from finishing polytheism.

Upcoming decisions are what to build next, what to research next, and any MM advice you might have.

4. Nomad Bryce

Nomad Bryce Innovian UU Cannon Turtle

hmm, if Indians dont discover buddhism soon I'll be inclined to say they also went for hinduism. That would be crappy for us.

5. DaveShack

Image at end of turn 8

Tech

City

6. Theoden

Theoden Deity GOTM Staff

If you can time the construction of the second warrior with the growth of our capital that would optimal.

Unfortunately we don't have any workable commerce tiles so we can't speed up our research. If the Indians produces just a single commerce more and goes for Hindiusm then they will get it.

7. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

I'm not being a smart behind, but have a serious question. Why would it be optimal to have the warrior built the same time as pop growth?

This might also have something to do with my first question, but shouldn't we be working one of the 3 food tiles?

8. DaveShack

On question 1, I don't think the growth / production timing matters.

On question 2, the key is getting it out asap because there are a couple of black squares where barbs (animals) could show up. We'll want to work a high food tile next.

We'll want to get pottery asap, or maybe fishing. Actually in hindsight it might have been better to go with fishing first, to be allowed to work the water and thereby get the commerce. Too much excitement over starting the game finally, I guess. :hammer2:

9. Nomad Bryce

Nomad Bryce Innovian UU Cannon Turtle

Wow, does anybody see the sailing advantage we may gain? A double canal through the lake! Sail away baby, straight through this stringy continent with big lakes!

10. DaveShack

Turn 10. Polytheism is due in 3. We're in 2nd place for gold, but no way of telling who's getting more. This is with just 1gpt, we're not horribly behind as best I can tell.

To our NE is what appears to be a very large desert, inhabited by lions.

To our SE is a coastal bridge to some other land, somewhere to go after we have boats.

11. DaveShack

Turn 11, 3560 BC.

Loco got Buddhism, which means our 50/50 chance of picking different worked out OK. We're due Polytheism (and Hinduism) in 2 turns, population growth in 2 turns.

I'm planning to switch the warrior build to a worker after we grow, does that sound OK? Also we need to decide what to research next, so our worker will have something to work on.

12. Theoden

Theoden Deity GOTM Staff

Great. We'll get Hinduism now!

As for research afterwards I think agriculture would the best choice as the rice is next to fresh water, thus giving us lots of food. If the worker finishes before we get agriculture, it can just build roads to the rice, which would be needed later anyway.

13. Zeikko

Zeikko Chieftain

I haven't posted for a while but i've been spectating how we are doing. And i'd like to say that my vote goes to the agriculture.

14. Veera Anlai

Veera Anlai Southern Belle

I'm going to concur with everyone else, and say we should go for Agriculture next.

15. DaveShack

Turn 12 is on its way to Epsilon.

We're done with polytheism, and should have religion next turn.

Our exploring warrior has run into a lion, let's hope he can hold on.