Turn 101 - 550 BC

Woho :D

Middleages! I realy hope we get Feudalism, upgrade our Swordsmen and or Spearmen and kick GCA back to.. to whereever would be most appropiate. :p

One more thing... looking at the Mil Office graphic for troop locations, it appears we've lost a swordsman in the south. If so, then it is quite likely that it has been overrun by GCA forces. We will likely have to reinforce Cha Ching next turn with everything we've got in Zhi Gang - which means leaving the city empty for a few turns and raising the lux rate to keep them happy.

Any information yet on which tech we will be getting? Or am I just a bit anxious and need to wait a few turns.

Hmmmmm,

Our military is small (as you know). Though we do have the greatest capabilities of a much larger military. Our highest key to getting more army is production. Can someone tell me how could we get more production with one measley worker. I'd like to know. Yes I know we are in the middle of a national war crisis but we are also in the middle of entering the Middle Ages. This is much more of a problem than GCA. How are we supposed to build Riders (or upgrade) and MI's (or upgrade) if our production and gpt is way down there?? I know that most of you have played the 5CC and know that in this position you would be able to get at least 50gpt. And tell me, what is the key for getting that enormous amount of gpt from 5 cities?? WORKERS. Industry. What we have over GCA is the Industrious trait and if you ask me, we are not useing it to our advantage. All I suggest is the production of one worker in each city and then return to military production. We cannot commit ourselves to military production 100%. Yes, we need alot to stop the GCA, but we need to be balanced it with industry and production. Nonetheless, we have not much infastructure but with some more workers we will be capable of more good things from our age advancement.

we do need a few more workers, but the cost of producing a worker is more than just the 10s required - it is also the reduced production in that city for the next few/several turns while that city grows again.

I don't think we can afford to do this in the outermost towns. However, we should try to produce 2 or 3 workers in the next several turns between Shen Ling and Zhi Gang (where we have granaries).

I agree, we are in dire need of workers.

I see where your comeing from, FortyJ, it may not be the best idea to build workers from the outer cities, but thats where the need of infastructure comes in. My point is that we need to balance our priorities. First, I dont think GCA can be stopped any time soon. This is why I suggest a sue for peace so we can do all of this in the least bit pressure without worrying about them (for long). We need to take care of the northern barbs which could be a greater threat. We need to secure our eastern lands and as well as northern. We need to build up for the entering of the Middle Age and we need more foriegn relations (other continent). All this in my opinion can be done in the 20-turn peace agreement and as well of more military build up for Horsemen > Rider plan. We dont need to look tough in-front of our three nieghbors becuase soon we will be the most powerful and continueuing this war will not certainly help. ;)

We lost two swords.

The attached map shows what I believe the GCA military did on their turn 101. White is GCA last turn, lime green is us last turn, and the red represents GCA's movement this turn.

Attachments

• untitled-1.gif
    untitled-1.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 89
I said the army could have been a diversion. Did anybody actually listen? now we have all our troops up north, where we dont want them. No need to dwell on it, I guess. We can't fix it now.

we are only going to have 3, maybe 4, units to defend Cha Ching.

EDIT: I request that we pop-rush the spearman in Cha Ching. In fact, I order it.

Rushing completion of the spearman in Cha Ching at the expense of population is something that should probably be voted on.

Also, up until this last turn, our forces were somewhat evenly distributed between the north and the south. To simply discard that army's movement in the north as a diversion may be easy to say now, but three turns ago, we couldn't afford to assume that. Especially since the alternative was to allow them free passage all the way to our iron site.

Finally, a question for Octavian.... were those two swordsmen fortified in the mountains? If so, that would mean that 2 horsemen attacked and killed 2 fortified swordsmen in mountains.... quite impressive results.

I go for rushing it immediatly and moveing the new unit to the mountain. I have a feeling that they will be able to take the whole city over even with 4 Spears guarding it, unless were lucky. I think we should provoke them to attacking one of our Fort. Spears on a mountain as opposed to them attacking us from a mountain.

rush it. The population difference is not important at this juncture.

Yeah, rush it. Amirsans point on workers is quite a good one. How many workers do we have now? It would be useful to build a few workers at the few cities that really have somekind of a production and then use them to make things better in the outer citties or something. I usually try to have at this point of the game approx. one worker/city, but I don't know what strategy you use...

BTW, why is it in the military comparison thingie at the secure server that GCA would be weak and Elucidia strong?

Octavian, I liked your old avatar more...

Wizard

wizard - except that at least half a dozen people here have Anime avatars. XIII, cgannon, etc.

I really doubt we need a vote to rush spearmen in Cha Ching. What may need a vote, is if we rush 2. I'm wondering if we should do that.

Post #1000!!!!!!

Top Bottom