Turn 158 - 420 AD

I am still aginst the CGN's plan to give us the city. I belive that a small force to get the only two cities that GCA has wil be best. If we can find a zone where we can sail into without getting in GWT's territory I do not think that we wil be breaking any treaties. But if they would declare war on us for that then it will be slightly more in our favor since WW is greater on the civ that declared war. This plan will also allow CGN to have to only fight one UU insted of two. With the extra troops from this little mission we could assalt the GWT if they go to war with us, thus causing the troops to leave CGN land and defend the GWT homeland.

As for expanding the milatary I am for it since it will give us something to back our words with. I do not think APO will object that much to us making a bigger army. Right now we are almost a sattolite state of APO and we need to break away from them. We need to show that we are another nation that can not just be ran over.

If being Apolyton's pet keeps us around longer and assures our safety, I think we should. Why bite the hand that feeds us. I say we need to be prepared in the case of war, and don't expect too much, but it would hurt us more piss them off. As for war, I disagree because, like Emperor, we need to respect our neighbors unless it could possibly and directly hurt us. (As is we need to save someone else so they could be a buffer for us)

Being Apolyton's pet may keep us safe but eventually we will rid the world of GCA and GWT. Then what? We will be wanting for control of the world then. I do not think that we will win by space race due to this tech trade thing. Diplomatic is out of the quetion since they would never vote for another nation. This game will end by conquest and we need to free ourselves of APO to build our milatary and make a name for ourselves. Apolyton will be our greatest rival since they are on our containant. We must stop them now before we are owned by them completly. More units will help but we must not just build them but show that we are willing to use them. We must show that we are milatary commanders and show that we can win aginst the odds, as it wil be someday with a CFC-APO war.

Emp. Napoleon, that day is far in the future my friend. :) But your concerns are quite valid, as even I myself have had them for quite some time.

However, the simple fact is that we have alot of work to do before we can flex our military muscle. And as much as we would like to leave the cold comfort of Apolyton's shadow, we are not quite ready to do so yet. If we were to build nothing but military units at this point in time, it would be a lackluster effort at best since we would not be able to back it up with our current infrastructure.

Right now, all eyes are on the west because at this time, it is the nations of Netatolia and Webringen that hold the cards. And should the balance of power shift in one way or another then, quite frankly, it doesn't really matter what happens between Poly and us.

So, please EN, give my proposals a chance to work. Like yourself, I see a strong military future for us when the time is right. And keep this in mind as well. Nobody wants a come-from-behind victory more than me. :D

Thats like poking a giant in an eye... We can't just go and threaten one of the world's superpowers. It's asking for trouble... having a reserve is good yes. Having an army and showing it off and, in my opinion, being that arrogant and stupid is an incredibly dumb move. We need something to fall back on in terms of military, but nothing to go flaunt and threaten to use.

So there is no support for accepting the city from CGN and disbanding it right after?

We really should not try to build a strong military at this time. If we will be getting some worker factories soon, I accept DZs plan to join our workes into the big cities.

I have been informed that CGN are still holding Boston, and will hold it until the next turn as well. Probably there will be no need for any help from us, but I will start a poll to really see what our desicion is.

Top Bottom