Turn 17 - 3200.B.C.

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
After moving the two warriors, I have observed that we may be an island. My Predictions would be that we may be on an Island or a peace of land that only has 3 sides touching water (Think Florada).

I have uploaded the map and I have sent the save on its way.

ok, this will need a change in stratagy. We need to see if we are on an island, and if those other landmasses are 1-5 tile islands or part of a larger landmass. I REALLY recomend reseaching one more tech while we finish scouting out area, then we go to mapmaking. Or go to mapmaking right away.

If we are indeed on an island, then we must get to Mapmaking and/or Literature ASAP. I would say that these techs become far more important than even the coveted Iron Working.

If we delay in acquiring those technologies, then our rivals will be trading themselves into the Middle Ages while we are still trying to get off the island.

1st, where can I downlaod the save?

2, the GL will only work if we FIND people, so I think map making should come first.

I say we start mapmaking next turn, and finish exploring the island. We MAY be connected by very small isthmus(sp?) to the noth or to a mainland to the southeast or direct east.

In my experiences in CIv3, whenever it LOOKS like you are going to be on an island, you are. Its not like Civ2 with all those curvy continents.

Seeing this map I too recommend beelining for mapmaking. Did everybody also see the piece of land in the east? Moreover I would strongly urge everybody to rethink the plans for the next city. The run-off poll came with spot D (blue spot), but seeing the explorations of our warriors, I would definitely like to move that spot one tile north-east (yellow spot). Then, a fish comes within reach, the already mined grassland can be shared with SF, both furs and the coast stay in reach, and an extra grassland tile can be used. Also the fertile eastern lands come a wee bit closer :) What about it? Anybody agree to reconsider? Or why not?

Since bronze working was at 1 turn, did you turn it back to try and get the most gpt possible while keeping it at 1 turn?

If we are on an island ,and only if we are oon a island i do agree that we should go for mapmaking then ASAP.I'm still not very much in favor of the GL though.

Being on a island has it's advantage's ,if you can build up a good navy you can land invasion force's very surprinsingly about everywhere ,and defending an island with a adequate navy is quite easy ,more easy than defending a nation with land force's.

but i think there is quite some more land to the north ,i only hope there is no civ there that is sending it's troops south as we speak.our capital still lays undefended ,a very dangerous situation.

Originally posted by WildFire444
Since bronze working was at 1 turn, did you turn it back to try and get the most gpt possible while keeping it at 1 turn?

Ive tried lowering the science rate while maintaining the 1 turn compleation. In all there is no way to do that without having it research for 2 turns while Breaking even. I decided to leave it at 100%

(At least I did not get a smokey Smilie in this save :) )

Plux - Yes, feel free to :).

Originally posted by croxis
1st, where can I downlaod the save?

2, the GL will only work if we FIND people, so I think map making should come first.
1st - Good question.

2nd - I'm not sure what you mean by this. From my understanding of the Great Library, you receive the techs as soon as any other two civs have them.

Either way, if we are on an island, then I'm all in favor of getting to Mapmaking first and prebuilding for Great Lighthouse. Especially considering that we may not be the only nation on an island who is looking to do the exact same thing.

Top Bottom