Turn 186 - 700 AD

I don't see any long term benefits from hitting GCA. Our landings are to be a quick hit-and-run operation. We have to hit hard; as hard as we can, trying to do permanent damage. Just razing some undeveloped towns isn't going to hurt them as much as is needed. Destroy their FP, Leo's, Pyramids or any other Wonder, or at least try to do so with all our force. If we can accomplish that: Permanent damage.
If we can't accomplish that we have forced them to keep more and more units as a protective force.
Pshycological advantage: From then on simply sending an empty fleet of 8 caravels somewhere later in the game will ignite a new panic-reaction. Even more if we coordinate that with Poly.

If we can take out a wonder, then we should. The only thing an attack on GCA would do is perhaps a psychological hit. But in this situation, a wonder of the world > psychological hit. However, the wonder cities are likely to be heavily defended. Do we have a chance?

I don't think getting rid of that wonder is very useful. They already upgraded all their guys. Last I knew Ansars took no iron, and to build horsemen to upgrade, you need horses so they aren't even exploiting a pillage-hookup strategy.

Hygro said:
I don't think getting rid of that wonder is very useful. They already upgraded all their guys. Last I knew Ansars took no iron, and to build horsemen to upgrade, you need horses so they aren't even exploiting a pillage-hookup strategy.

I second this idea. If I were GWT I woul dhave upgraded all my units for the CGN attack.

RegentMan said:
If we can take out a wonder, then we should. The only thing an attack on GCA would do is perhaps a psychological hit. But in this situation, a wonder of the world > psychological hit. However, the wonder cities are likely to be heavily defended. Do we have a chance?

I say OUR chances our doubtful, but combined (or even with out us) APO should be able to hold it down

Apolyton is probably going for GWT forbidden palace. The real problem with Leonardo's is that GWT army will be right in that area when we hit!

Cheetah said:
Apolyton is probably going for GWT forbidden palace. The real problem with Leonardo's is that GWT army will be right in that area when we hit!

Exactly. If they could send a small invasion force to accompany us, the odds of our getting that city would be about 100x better than without them. It's very possible in my opinion, it just requires a little bit of aid from friends.

Top Bottom