1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 186 - 700 AD

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Cheetah, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

I don't see any long term benefits from hitting GCA. Our landings are to be a quick hit-and-run operation. We have to hit hard; as hard as we can, trying to do permanent damage. Just razing some undeveloped towns isn't going to hurt them as much as is needed. Destroy their FP, Leo's, Pyramids or any other Wonder, or at least try to do so with all our force. If we can accomplish that: Permanent damage.
    If we can't accomplish that we have forced them to keep more and more units as a protective force.
    Pshycological advantage: From then on simply sending an empty fleet of 8 caravels somewhere later in the game will ignite a new panic-reaction. Even more if we coordinate that with Poly.

2. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

I agree with Rik, we need to go for GWT's FP and other other wonders.

3. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

Sorry early morning typo.

4. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

If we can take out a wonder, then we should. The only thing an attack on GCA would do is perhaps a psychological hit. But in this situation, a wonder of the world > psychological hit. However, the wonder cities are likely to be heavily defended. Do we have a chance?

5. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

I don't think getting rid of that wonder is very useful. They already upgraded all their guys. Last I knew Ansars took no iron, and to build horsemen to upgrade, you need horses so they aren't even exploiting a pillage-hookup strategy.

6. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

I second this idea. If I were GWT I woul dhave upgraded all my units for the CGN attack.

7. NeoDemocrat

NeoDemocrat MOS MOS MOS

I say OUR chances our doubtful, but combined (or even with out us) APO should be able to hold it down

8. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Apolyton is probably going for GWT forbidden palace. The real problem with Leonardo's is that GWT army will be right in that area when we hit!

9. NeoDemocrat

NeoDemocrat MOS MOS MOS

Exactly. If they could send a small invasion force to accompany us, the odds of our getting that city would be about 100x better than without them. It's very possible in my opinion, it just requires a little bit of aid from friends.

10. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

And lots of more turns, I guess. :undecide: