1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 3900 - New Hut Found

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of Democracy II' started by Duke of Marlbrough, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

I agree with Leowind. Pop the hut, found the capitol
    NW of Settler #1, send Settler #2 North.

2. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

I wanted to post a poll on which way we should go exploring the continent/island we're on with our horseman. However the majority of people here seems to want the hut to be popped first. When we have popped the hut and another unit comes out the exploration of our island can become different (one unit exploring or two and in which direction?) So I really want to wait posting an exploration poll until the hut is popped: revealing some more terrain and giving us the info on what units we have to explore.
    Any thoughts about this? Do you want me to post a poll now or do you want me to wait?

3. GaryNemo

GaryNemo Settler from None

Does it make sense to micromanage our leadership, pop one hut and begin discussing with new information? That sounds like what the concerned citizens want, there seems to be consensus right now to pop the hut, and we could then continue discussing...

4. Tesla Tank

Tesla Tank Warlord

I agree with GaryNemo, the majority of us wants to pop the hut, so let's do that first. And then discuss our next step with the new information.

5. Duke of Marlbrough

Duke of Marlbrough The Quiet Moderator Retired Moderator

I agree that the concensus is poiting towards popping the hut first.

Normally, a poll should have been opened and the majority votes would have confirmed what everyone seems to have posted.

I'll give people until tomorrow to come up with any other ideas. :)

Assuming we pop the hut and get a unit, which way do we want to explore? Do we want to go NE to see if there is another speical there, or do we want to focus on revealing as much land as possible?

6. duke o' york

duke o' york It don't mean a thing....

Pop the hut and then build a city, if we are going to this turn. We could have our first tech by the time the second settler found the SSC so I have come round to the idea of founding our capital on the coast where we started and then getting the show on the road. We can make the SSC in 5 turns from now, and the hut may give us a useful bonus. :D

7. Lt. 'Killer' M.

Lt. 'Killer' M. Deity

Pop, post, discuss I'd say!

8. Leowind

Leowind Emperor

Perhaps whoever is in charge of exploration should start a new thread for this topic?

9. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

I'll start that thread once the hut is popped.

10. Blitz79

Blitz79 Prince

Okay, I'm new. Is this the 'latest' on what's happening? I assume it is. Wouldn't it make more sense to build settler 1 due East even though the grassland with shields bonus is lost, because otherwise there is going to be a wasted no man's land between this city and the SSC. I think definitely pop the hut because a unit at this stage is way the most valuable outcome given the relative balance of chances. That unit will get us an AT on the same percentage terms in other huts anyway, and if it is a small island, we got two free units/disbands for production. A tech might be Okay too.

11. Duke of Marlbrough

Duke of Marlbrough The Quiet Moderator Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.