Turn 93 - 710 B.C.

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
Secure Site
Username: cfcteam
Password: zli94AB

Elucidium has fallen! O Fanatikou, let us mourn the loss of the once-great Elucidian capital, overrun by GameCatcherian hordes! Rather than be destroyed by the evil hands of the Evil Alliance, CDG has decided to gift it's assets to Apolytonia and Fanatikou. Apolytonia is to recieve the last three Elucidian cities (Cuido de Alcholol and Possumopolis have been gifted to Apolyton, while the capital, Shahrazde (I misselled that, it's the northern landbridge), is to be captured by Apolyton.

Fanatikou was not left out of CDG's will. We have recieved Philosophy, Code of Laws, and Literature from CDG, along with their treasury of around 25 gold.

The war on our front continues as well. Forces near Cha Ching are retreating to the city, to prepare for an emergency defense. A warrior, though, moved onto a mountain and spotted an elite sword (from the earlier flight of Chandrgupta), and a damaged horseman. Our own regular horseman is being positioned to kill GCA's damaged horse. In the north, one elite horse is setting out toward the east and the front, and one went west, killed a barbarian warrior, and is poised to take their camp next turn.

Now, for the domestic report. A settler was completed in Shen Ling, and a warrior was taken out of Jiang Mapi to defend the settler. Our brave pioneers moved north, presumably toward the incense. Expect a poll tomorrow.

The grand new city of Yun Quiling was founded! The town centers around a new iron ore mine, and as a result, iron is now available for all our empire to use! The city was named on President's FortyJ's suggestion, meaning 'Iron Hill.'

As a direct result, all cities in the empire have either switched to or started on new contingents of swordsman.

A bit of micromanagment went on: I slowed growth in Shen Ling to two turns, so we can pump out the swordsman a turn faster. In Zhi Gang, a citizen was moved from a forest to the gold hill. There was no shield lost, since the extra shield from the forest was lost to corruption. We gained three commerce there. In Jiang Mapi, the citizen working the forest simply switched forest after I noted the other was next to a river - two gained commerce there. In the new town of Yun Quilang, I placed emphasis on production, setting the laborer to work the roaded hill.

~Minister of Domestic Affairs pro-tem Octavian X

A finely played turn, from what I can gather. Well done, Lord Octavian.

A few things:
  1. Our Ambassador to Apolytonia should make contact with them immediately and suggest that their soon to be new city on the northern isthmus represent a border between our two nations.
  2. We have two warriors that could be upgraded to swordsmen at a price of 40g each. I suggest we drop our tech rate considerably so that we can raise some much needed funds for upgrades.
  3. We need to build a road on the hill west of Yun Quiling so that a unit coming out of Jiang Mapi can reach that town in 1 turn. It also would force GCA forces to attack a unit across the river in order to gain control of (and later pillage) the road tile connecting the iron to our nation.
  4. As soon as our new units are complete, we must attempt to push the front back into the grassland so that the invaders cannot gain the benefit of the mountains to protect their advance.

I was just having a little Chat with Trip from Poly. Here is the short conversation we have.

[13:16] <Trip> hey
[13:16] <Mara_Jade> hola
[13:16] <Trip> you guys are building a Galley soon?
[13:16] <Mara_Jade> let me look
[13:17] <Mara_Jade> I dont think we are building a Galley
[13:17] <Trip> hmmm
[13:18] <Trip> SOMEONE told me you guys were building a Galley
[13:18] <Trip> we were thinking that you might be able to land a unit or two on their iron with it
[13:18] <Mara_Jade> k
[13:19] <Trip> how long before you get iron hooked up?
[13:19] <Mara_Jade> Ill send the suggestion right away to them
[13:19] <Mara_Jade> We have the Settler on top of the Iron
[13:19] <Trip> ah, good
[13:19] <Trip> just going through ideas
[13:19] <Mara_Jade> Yun Quiling is the new Iron Ore mine
[13:20] <Trip> don't lose it this time :p
[13:20] <Trip> the longer we have to build up the more powerful we will be when we're ready to attack
[13:20] <Trip> the longer you guys can keep them busy the better
[13:20] <Trip> we might be able to coordinate attacks
[13:20] <Trip> as you can see, we have a lot of cities
[13:20] <Trip> but they're small
[13:20] <Mara_Jade> k
[13:20] <Trip> the more time we have to prepare we'll become much stronger
[13:21] <Mara_Jade> k

Would it be possible to build a Galley at this time?

I don't think we can 'afford' a galley right now. We need to keep the GCA at bay with land units.

After we get one swordman out of each city there might be possibilities of a galley in one of them. But we need swordsmen now.

Thank goodness we have an Iron ore mine. Now we can build Swords en mass :D.

At last Swords... that's the best thing we could hope for in our war because I fear there will be loads of units comming our way in the near future with the dismissal of Elucidia....

Top Bottom