Turn chat 1385 AD (June 20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donsig

Low level intermediary
The next turn chat is scheduled for Thursday, June 20, 2002 at 7:59 pm east coast US time, which is 12:59 am, Greenwich time, Friday, June 21, 2002. (I think).

Save: phoenatica1385ad.zip

Turn chat 1360 AD (June 18)

Turn chat 1425 AD (June 23)

The war has widened as Greece now faces the Iroquois, China, Rome and Babylon. India has secured peace with Hiawatha. We have begun a new phase in our military upgrade program by upgrading some of our riflemen units to infantry. Our National Railway System is now almost complete. Plexia must still be connected as well as some Norman and Kashmiri cities.
We have discovered rubber and have two sources of this fabulous material at our disposal and will soon have a third. Neither Greece nor the Iroquois have this material right now and given their war they are both in dire need of it. Zululand has been trying to buy coal from us for a few years now.
We have learned sanitation and granted universal suffrage! We are 40 years away from completing the theory of evolution and we have no rivals for this prize! PDX will complete it factory just before the theory is ready...

Please do not use this as a discussion thread! Leaders and governors should now be posting their turn chat instructions here!

Instructions from the President's office.

Our elite immortals can now ride their special train to Fox Nest and Thebes for duty as palace honor guards. (Rumors that they will be used to quash investigations of the president are false.)

Send two domestic workers to Asyut to improve the area for growth.

Turn 0
Gift the Iroquois 3gpt.

Babylon:
Trade Saltpeter for Espionage and 11 gold.

Trade Embargo Greece with straight-up deals with:
China, Babylon, Iroquois, Rome, Zulu

Turn 5 (or so)
See if trade still continues between Greece and Aztecs, England, and India. If a Trade Embargo can be signed against Greece with Aztecs, England, or India, sign with all available and note which ones succeeded.

If the Greece war changes drastically, I won't mind these TE deals not taking place, subject to a quick discussion.

Thanks,
cp

As of now the build queues are:

Cyrus - granary, aqueduct, marketplace
Heliopolis - cathedral, hospital,bank
Alexandria - marketplace, granary, cathedral

All citizens seem to be working appropriate tiles.
No worker requests at this time.

Just a note, if Greece does attack Cumae for the rubber, donsig should see what units went in, and how badly damaged they are. That way, we can have an informative disscussion if nessecary.

Fox's Nest: TOE
Eyr: Factory,
Khatovar: Factory
Malinalco: Factory, Barracks, Infantry
Lutetia: Cathedral, Factory
Asyut: Aqueduct
CHie: Factory

Due partially to my own busy schedule and partially to the fast pace we are moving at, I have had no time to analyze the situation. I therefore must give control of domestic matters to the citizens at the turn chat, as my deputy has not yet been confirmed. The only request I have, and I think everyone will agree with me, is that the treasury remain above 1000 gold.

For the culture ministry, I would ask that we allocate funds, if avaialable, to rush the temple at Justinian, which was started last chat. I am not able to check the exact cost right now, but I believe it would be about 160 gold. If there is more money just waiting to be spent, then rush the university at Macao, but that will probably be completed next chat anyway.

Looks like Eyrei and I agree again! :eek: It is moving fast, and doesn't give enough time to analyze things.

I too have not had an opportunity to run Civ3 since the last chat. If my build queues run out I give those at the chat the authority to add to the end of them.
Also suggesting we move to having a turn chat every 3 days instead of every two.

Final save: phoenatica1425ad.zip

Chat log: jun20log.zip

Turn chat 1425 AD (June 23)

Happy Days are here again...

In 1385 AD Greece took Cumae and we entered into a trade embargo against Alex with China, Babylon, Rome, the Zulus and the Iroquois. We also gave the Iroquois 3 gpt to help thier war effort. All this combined to make Hiawatha polite towards aour ambassador. We sold saltpeter to Hammurabi for 11 gold and the sectrsts of espionage. In that year our elite immortals road the National Railway System (NRS) to their new posts in Fox Nest, Thebes, PDX, San Francisco, Justinian and Cyrus. These revered units now form the core of the Phoenatic Secret Service (PSS), the main duty of which is to protect our president, leaders and governors.
Our military academy was completed in Pherris in 1390, the same year England joined the war against Greece. The NRS neared co,pletion as only Chie, Plexia and Lutetia remain to be connected to the rail net.
War news, 1395: Rome occupies Eretria while victorious Iroquoian riflemen produce a great leader! :eek: Byzantium snubs Hammurabi and begs to join Phoenatica! We happily accept this city into our republic. 460 gold is spent upgrading our cannons and 15 rifleman regiments.
Greece lost Cumae to the Romans in 1400 and Alex soon came to terms with Hiawatha. The Chinese city of Tiensten (near Chondote) was destroyed soon after. The last of our riflemen we upgraded at this time. The Aztecs declared war on Greece in 1405 while many citizens of Chondote packed their things and headed for the greener pastures where Tiensten once was. An army of Iroquoian riflemen was spotted about this time near Hieraconpolis.
We extended our trade embargo against Greece in 1410 by signing agreements with England and the Aztecs. This came in response to the Grrek reoccupation of Cumae. We sold saltpeter to the Aztecs for their WM and 16 gpt. Began incense exports to Babylon for 50 gold and 24 gpt. Also that year, the PSS immortals were given fine swords made of steel.
In 1415 we settled a new city on the coast NE of Chondote. In honor of the great strides made in technology recently this city will be named by the current leader of the NSD. The Romans occupied Cumae once again.
Our wine imports ceased in 1420 causing riots in Memphis. Despite this awkward beginning 1420 proved to be an historic year for Phoenatica as the theories of evolution and atomic structure were presented to a special meeting of the NSD at the Great Library in Fox Nest. This scientific burst of energy resulted in the perfectin of electronic devices by Phoenatic industry. Industry was also active in Ameri as Civanatoria, as if to honor the founder of the NSD, completed the ironworks! In Normandy, the great city of PDX completed its factory while more great projects are contemplated for that city...

1385 AD (June 20) Notes

Begin pre-turn: 1385 AD, 1765 gold, +44 gpt, steel in 6 turns, 2.8.0
Gave Hiawatha 3 gpt per FA, he is now polite
Sold saltpeter to Babylon for espionage and 11 gold, per FA. Hammurabi still annoyed
Trade embargo with Mao (annoyed), Hammurabi (annoyed), Shaka (polite), Hiawatha (polite) and Ceasar (cautious) all against Greece, per FA
Kashmir build queues done per governor
Istar build queues done per governor
Ameri build queues and optimization done per citizen poll
A cabinet vote confirmed Cyc/sike as interim domestic deputy
Market rushed in Atlanta for 104 gold, per domestic dept.
Temple rushed in Justinian for 120 gold, per culture ministry and domestic dept.
Macao build changed from cavalry per cabinet vote
Elite immortal stationed in Fox Nest, Thebes, PDX, SanFrancisco, Cyrus and Justinian
end of turn 0: 1385 AD, 1552 gold, +41 gpt, steel in 6, 2.8.0

Greek cavalry take Cumae
England and Iroquois sign MPP
Babylon and Aztecs sign MPP
The people want an intelligence agency.
Atlanta builds market and starts temple.
Military Academy built in Pherris and factory started.
Temple built in Justinian and immorts started.
England declared war on Greece.

begin turn 1: 1390 AD, 1594 gold, +41 gpt, steel in 5, 2.8.0
Justinian build changed from immortal to university per request from culure rep and confirming cabinet vote
Only Chie, PLexia and Lutetia are not on NRS
end of turn 1: 1390 AD, 1594 gold, +41 gpt, steel in 5, 2.8.0

Rome occupied Eretria with riflemen
Iroquoian riflemen kill hoplite near Hieaconpolis and it looks like they got a leader!!!!
Philadelphia builds garanry and starts factory
Chondote expands and WLTKD in Atlanta
Byzantium (Babylonian) wants to join our republic. We welcome them!
Byzantium citizens all happy, build set to library per president.
Upgraded 15 riflemen for 300 gold
Upgraded 2 cannon for 160 gold
End of turn 2, 1395 AD, 1175 gold, +42 gpt, steel in 4, 2.8.0

Greece and Iroquois make peace.
Roman cavalry take Cumae!
Thebes builds bank and starts a factory.
Malinalco completes factory and begins barracks.
The Chinese city near Chondote was destroyed!

Start turn 3: 1400 AD, 1217 gold, +44 gpt, steel in 3 turns, 2.8.0
Build in Chondote changed to settler per cabinet vote
Settler rushed in Chondote for 92 gold, per domestic dept.
Last 6 riflemen upgraded for 120 gold
end of turn 3, 1400 AD, 1005 gold, +44 gpt, steel in 3, 2.8.0

Aztecs declare war on Greece
Cyrus builds granary and starts aqueduct
Seattle builds temple and begins university
Chondote recruits settler and starts granary

Start turn 4: 1405 AD, 1049 gold, +41 gpt, steel in 2, 2.8.0
End turn 4: 1405 AD, 1049 gold, +41 gpt, steel in 2, 2.8.0

There's an army of Iroquoian riflemen near Hieraconpolis.
Malinalco builds barracks and starts infantry.
Miami builds cathedral and starts university
New Falcon's Haven builds harbor and starts factory.
Macao builds university and starts market
start turn 5: 1410 AD, 1090 gold, +37 gpt, steel in one turn, 2.8.0
end turn 5: 1410 AD, 1090 gold, +37 gpt, steel in one turn, 2.8.0
trade embargo versus Greece with England (polite) and Aztecs (annoyed), per FA
sold saltpeter to Aztecs for WM and 16 gpt per cabionet vote, Aztecs still annoyed
Sold incense to Babylon for 50 gold and 24 gpt, per cabinet vote, Babylon still annoyed
New end of turn 5: 1410 AD, 1140 gold, +444 gpt, steel next turn, 6.4.0

We have learned steel / atomic theory research begun
Valhall builds cathedral and starts a police station

Start turn 6: 1415 AD, 1584 gold, +444 gpt, atomic theory in 16, 6.4.0
Founded 'Used to be Chinese City' near Chondote, started library per domestic deputy, Strider has naming rights
science set to 0% per domestic, optimized Thebes for WLTKD and made a scientist there
end turn 6: 1415 AD, 1584 gold, +803 gpt, atomic theory in 40 turns. 10.0.0

Romans take Cumae again (one rifleman)
Boston Market opens and Boston U. begun
Shailonegha builds cathedral and starts university
PDX finished factory and starts hospital
Byblos builds harbor and starts aqueduct
El-Armana builds granary and starts harbor
Lutetia builds cathedral and starts factory
Callisto builds granary and starts barracks

Start turn 7: 1420 AD, 2392 gold, +812 gpt, atomic theory in 39, 10.0.0
End turn 7: 1420 AD, 2392 gold, +812 gpt, atomic theory in 39, 10.0.0
lost our wines
ToE built in Fox Nest!!!!
We learn atomic theory
We learn electronics
Riots in Memphis!!
Malinalco recruits infantry and starts another
Civanatoria completes ironworks!!! and starts wall?
Anyang builds granary and starts bank

Start turn 8: 1425 AD, 3204 gold, +818 gpt, refinging in 40 turns, 10.0.0
end turn 8: 1425 AD, 3204 gold, +818 gpt, refinging in 40 turns, 10.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom