• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Turn Discussion Thread

We don't need worker at SOL and perhaps also not another at Anjen, but sure we need for the south coast of Bode 1-2 worker. Rigel would need some time for it, I think at least 4-5 turns for the next.

edit
now I understand
binary is "all or nothing", 1 or 0

OK, so i removed the useless signs and changed H with Whale city.

I noticed the EI carrying the settler is without moves. It can save a move if the settler land on the city now. Provided we need that move.

I also counted the tiles from "ferry point" to the SW corner of bode.
I must admit that from that point we gain only 2-3 moves with the fort. But we gain a lot more if moving from Anjen, at least until it's covered by roads.

In any case, the main role of the fort is to keep Bode safe from attacks from the Mavs' spike. If they knew how weak we are they can steamroll us only with the units they have on the west coast city.

It would also be a good idea to move the warrior or the archer to the tile marked Whale city to fogbust.

About workers:
we have 9 cities and 8 workers, with lots of hills, jungle to remove and forests to chop.

If we arrive to 13 cities and there's also a filler city in Anjen
We need at least 5 more workers.

BTW is it worth that city in Anjen? that spot is a s**t.

We don't need worker at SOL and perhaps also not another at Anjen, but sure we need for the south coast of Bode 1-2 worker. Rigel would need some time for it, I think at least 4-5 turns for the next.

edit
now I understand
binary is "all or nothing", 1 or 0
We don't need more workers in Anjen?
And all those unimproved tiles? what are we waiting to build the marked improvements? To arrive researching Fusion?

The settler on board of Dawn has also no move, so we can't move him now. The ship must go to Arc and the settler found the coastal city next turn. There is nothing important to do with Dawn, that we should renounce the town founding next turn.

There is no possibility for Mav to go at our territory with or without the canal-town. Why do you think there is a danger? The only units they can build is WE, and there is no chance that we don't see the power wrong. From Anjen we 'll allways ferry the units.

For worker we need a plan to build some.
Btw
In Anjen we 've a long time enough modernized tiles, it's not the number of good tiles you see, but the number of tiles you can work. Rigel don't work a river cottage, it 'll the next ~30 turns not grow >8 (for long time) and Achenar 'll whip also the next buildings.

Forget about the settler, i thought he can move. Of course you would unload in the city to save a move next turn.

Mavs can build WE and HA in their spoke. But you must count all the Xbows already there and the other assorted units.

Now i understand what you mean with "modernize": improve!

Sure, workers and settlers: they will be our best military units.

Yes the Mavs can move their current Spoke army to the pass where our Macemen is stationed. I wouldn't want them to start marching their current forces into our territory and I haven't logged in to see their current state which I am sure is more now.

It is frustrating knowing we need more settlers/workers, military AND infrastructure. Maybe if we assign certain cities to do the workers/settlers. We may need to apply more whip and chops. This was another reason I wanted Pyramids for US so we could buy city builds as well.

Hey guys - sorry I dropped out for a few days. It was my turnset in SGOTM12 and I had a lot of last minute "before the holidays" stuff come up. I am on vacation until the New Year, but my online access might be occasionally limited.

I haven't looked at the game, but from the discussion it seems like we are debating whether to expand more or build more military, yes? Obviously it would be nice to do both, but I think we should get some more cities down while building units and waiting for Feudalism/Guilds.

I would vote for the next city on the SW coast of Bode (which I think we all agree on). We need to work as many of the hills on Bode as soon as possible. How many hills can Arcturus work? I think I recall that there are 9 in its BFC. If it can't work all of them any time soon, I favor the HUSchB site.

What is happening with Quat on the Mavs home island?

I look at the game and see a barb near copper and note, in Copper miss the cara, 2 galley and 2 cross, The only tile, thex can be is the marked red.

Our enterprise has 99% against the barb galley,
There are now different possibilities (Enterprise has 1/2 XP with combat we get a promotion)
1. Enterprise can attack the barb ( 2 moves) and then move 1 north and blockade
2. Enterprise can go after the cara and attack 6 : 3.6 it 'll be a good chance and blockade (or go back to ocean (no blockade) then the barb can't attack), then next turn goes after the galleys. The galleys can go next turn to isle and unload the units (that we can't prevent.

In all ways we can move Enterprise SE to look.

Spoiler :

At the isle the maves has 4 cats now in attack range of the Quat stack at iron hill (without mine). At turn 138 the Quat armada can reach the south coast of the Mavs isle. I think at least in the next turn, the Quat stack 'll left the iron.

Attachments

• Sir 540 Barb or Mav or Blockade.JPG
    Sir 540 Barb or Mav or Blockade.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 87
If the galley is on the tile you marked with the caravel, there's no way it can arrive to the island next turn. So, kill the caravel, then they will retreat the galley. If they move to the island they can disembark the units on the hill, but the galley is condemned.

Hey guys - sorry I dropped out for a few days. It was my turnset in SGOTM12 and I had a lot of last minute "before the holidays" stuff come up. I am on vacation until the New Year, but my online access might be occasionally limited.
Save your time, you'll be defeated by the powerful Fifth Element. But you can always compete for the Wooden Spoon, so do your best :D

Blub
There is no other tile a galley can reach last turn.
Do you vote for attack the cara (destroy the ships and hope that we get not too much injuries).
I read your post in this sense.

What is SGOTM12?

Turn proposal
1. Break job of LP

2. Enterprise move 1 SE, look at the cara (I think) and galleys and goes S and attacks the cara, decide with injuries goes ocean or blockade.

3. Nob without the units goes 4 tiles south, Mariner goes at the same tile.
4. Yamato goes with he units to the new town

5. Dawn goes Arc, the settler goes and found the city at the north tile, job wb. Dawn goes north to take the ele next turn at ferry point

6. Spy goes army point. LP goes at copper and mine, all other worker repeat their job.
The plantation at Betei is ready, perhaps one of the worker there can go at the roaded forest to chop.

In AC build a HA or Ele again, perhaps a missio for Ama

Irgy said, we promised them one, that should/can we do now, doing something for our credit/diplo-standing. Even we should ask them for a unit with 10 XP, perhaps they can vent one to us. I would pay a trifle sum for it.

Blub
There is no other tile a galley can reach last turn.
Do you vote for attack the cara (destroy the ships and hope that we get not too much injuries).
I read your post in this sense.

What is SGOTM12?
Yes, correct!

is a Succession Game Of The Month. The 12th on CIV.

If you want take a look here

As you probably know, there are Games of the Month. Every month a savegame (BtS, Warlords and Vanilla) is posted and the participants can compare their game with others once finished. It's an interesting competition.

Other interesting competitions are the HoF (Hall of Fame) Gauntlets and the HoF itself.

Here for more.

I used to participate in both, now not too frequently. I improved my gameplay a lot when playing in those competitions.

To marine combat. In my SP (I'm playing this week) I get this: I need 1 XP for a cara with 4 XP and flanking ( in contrery to you, I like navi-promotion)and so my Cara attacks a barb galley, 79% and not only defeated the barb my cara, additional it is not even injured. I don't think, I experienced this before :mad:. I hope, the risk is not so big in this game, when we attack.

btw
I 'll move Enterprise at SE and see, as if my vision is right.

In the SGOTM the teams play the same SP and in the end 'll be valued against the other competitors, like playing a bridge tournament. Nice idea, for this game it's too late, pm me, if a new begins.

Attachments

• Bad result.JPG
    Bad result.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 27
My vision was correct, at this tile is a cara and 2 galleys.
We 've now 2 attack ways
1. over ocean there coudn't attack the barb
2. over coast there Enterprise has +10% defense

Our win chance against cara is 96,2 %.

The attack sequence is clear, we attack and blockade, I hope that is possible (it is, I 've test it).

I need a vote which way?
Ifor myself prefer over ocean (way 1).

Spoiler :

btw
The barb ship came from the fjord south of Bode

Attachments

• EI against Cara.JPG
    EI against Cara.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 119
So, if we attack by option 1 we end the attack on an ocean tile the galleys can't reach. Is that correct? If so, I vote for option 1.

Save your time, you'll be defeated by the powerful Fifth Element. But you can always compete for the Wooden Spoon, so do your best :D

Given how Plastic Ducks are doing, we are playing to not win a Wooden Spoon.

The Mav ships are in their culture, so they can move on ocean. It's only the barb galley, which couldn't attack there.

So, if we attack by option 1 we end the attack on an ocean tile the galleys can't reach. Is that correct? If so, I vote for option 1.
Nothing changes. That ocean tile is inside Mavs culture, so the galleys can move over it. The same would apply to a foreign ship if you have OB with the owner, but not if you don't.
You can be sure the galleys are loaded, so Mavs will never attack with them. I suggest that after the attack you move Enterprise the coast 1SW of Omaha Beach, blockade if possible. In any case, if you can't blockade, Mavs can start use their resources for next turn, but must change production the following one.
Given how Plastic Ducks are doing, we are playing to not win a Wooden Spoon.
Ducks have an impressive score and power, let's see if this is a sign of Gold or just a Sushi (i can bet my last cent on that) result. You know, you must fulfill all the requirements for this game or you're not eligible for any prize. And just scrub all the fallout requires a lot of time. Let's see how it goes.
I think FE are doing pretty well under any aspect. But this competition always reserves some surprise in creative ways to win.
Best of luck, you and your dwarves friends need it!

BLubmuz said:
I suggest that after the attack you move Enterprise the coast 1SW of Omaha Beach, blockade if possible.
we 've 4 moves with EI, 1 is made, we make now 2 moves to attack, after attack we must blockade; I think you 've made a mistake with OmaheBeach and mean Copper (I 've cut the land tiles at the pic), but SW of Copper is the barb, so the galleys can't back in safe harbour.

Sure, the galleys can't go back on port because the barb galley.

OB = Open Borders.

I xposted with you, so i was explaining the mechanics of the culture-over-sea.

Top Bottom