turn won't end

DarkxL0rd

Warlord
does anyone now how to make a turn end, I hit the button and it wont stop loading. I'm on turn 443 of a great game and dont want to start another. Ive reloaded a few turns before and still come 443 it gets stuck. Ive waited 15 minutes now. any tricks?

does anyone now how to make a turn end, I hit the button and it wont stop loading. I'm on turn 443 of a great game and dont want to start another. Ive reloaded a few turns before and still come 443 it gets stuck. Ive waited 15 minutes now. any tricks?

When you say it won't stop loading, do you mean that the AI player's turn keps going? That is, you get a 'Waiting for other civilizations' message? If you do, post the game and I'll see if I can fix it (unless it is a huge map).

Best wishes,

Breunor

crap never mind. i saved over it and started a new game so all the autos are gone too. What causes that anyways, for next time i may run into it?

crap never mind. i saved over it and started a new game so all the autos are gone too. What causes that anyways, for next time i may run into it?

I'm sure someone will correct me if i am wrong,

No one knows exactly or it would be fixed. Breunor(and others) have circumvented the WoC(Waiting on Civilization) Bug numerous times by using the world builder to search the map for animals and removing them one at a time till the offender is found(usually removing the one, right, animal aleviates the problem). However, it also can occur when the avatar of wrath enters the world, or sometimes by hyborem and the infernal. I seem to recall other causes as well. But the animals seem to be the most frequent cause.

When i was looking at it the other day, the code seemed to be grouping units together to form parties, but refusing to allow parties where an animal would be the leader. My belief is that the problem may be here, but i was unable to find anything concrete(commented code would be helpful)

Others attribute it to a unit limit being inadvertantly exceeded(you are allowed one tiger per a priest of leaves) but some of the animals that seem to be the cause have no limit, and since several other hard limits have, on occasion, been exceeded without any ill effect(atleast that i recall) i doubt this is it(multiple baron duin halfmoons, upgrading a mage to an archmage in an allied city to exceed the national limit, summoning a bunch of skeletons then having your mages get killed(while the skeletons live on), etc).

There are other theories, but none that i know of(including mine) seem right. The bug seems so odd in its occurences that i would be tempted to believe it has multiple obscure causes if it occured more frequently.

however, as stated above, removing units, specificly animals, for whatever reason, seems to solve many of them. So when it happens, reload and open the world builder, start wiping out units, single and stacks, till you are actually able to complete the turn, if you find it was a stack of units, reload and start killing individuals till you find the singular culprit, if there is one. and bare in mind its usually animals.

Top Bottom