Turns 101 - 110

I do and Killercane. Don't know Robi's opinion. Four active members, it is two to extort TNT, one undecided.

Kuningas said:
up to turn 125 (seven turns)

The orginal deal was signed on turn 98 for 20 turns plus the 5 extension would make it turn 123 that it ends.

As far as TNT goes we should tread carefully. Extorting them could be seen as an act of war and as tempting as it is to do so, or even join in the war i don't believe its in our best interests, since we have spent all this time and effort getting the republic going we are not in a position to wage war. If we are to get involved we need to get a few things worked out. First we should find out if this is an all out assult from KISS or just a smash and grab. We need to check what MIA is currently thinking because if they join on TNT's side then we have to get involved whether we want to or not because of our agreement with KISS. Even thaen we have to consider that were not really in a position to support more troops which we would need for a war.

As far as trading tech with MIA, we would need to check with KISS in accordance with our agreement, but i think we can sell them on the fact that we are behind on our tech production at the moment.

Also just though of another thing, we can really sign any long term peace with TNT because if MIA joins in we would have to respond within 5 turns and enter the war, so it would be difficult to extort them

I just had a chat with fe3333au and i have some interesting news.

MIA has monotheism and arn't interested in monarchy at the moment so no trade possibilities

MIA has a 50 turn peace deal with KISS so they wont be attacking them anytime soon. All in all i don't think KISS could have timed the attack any better.

TNT should have seen the KISS attack coming. Lets move troops North to give them something else to worry about. And if they concede to our demands (which they might, look what refusing ivory did to them), then we should warn KISS that a few pikes might be teleporting to the TNT capital. There's no worry with fighting a war in republic.

With a 50 turn peace with KISS, MIA is our big worry for a sneak attack. Lets keep pumping out those settlers, workers, and MWs. With some roads up we can keep the settlers moving to new city sites and lower our awful unit costs.

DaveShack looks around for a good place to use his 5000th post.

Ah, this one will do nicely. :D

So, am I reading it right that we may be getting into a situation where one treaty requires peace with TNT and another requires war, due to a clause in the treaty with KISS? Which came first, the extension with TNT or the KISS deal? I think the KISS deal probably came before the extension, though it might not really make a difference.

I haven't opened the save in a while, how do we stand power wise? Do we need to crank out some more troops to keep from ending up road kill ourselves after KISS is done slapping around TNT?

Is there any chance that KISS is playing it several ways at once? One scenario is KISS goes for TNT. We smell blood and move on TNT too vigorously, and MIA lands the bulk of their forces on our core. In the meantime KISS comes in MIA's back door using a reserve force of GS (which get 2 moves) and suddenly they're the only ones not facing a foreign invasion.

Should we throw together a quick navy and do the same thing to MIA? Get an agreement with MIA to have them go after KISS while they are occupied with TNT? (or does that break the Simpsons Protocol?) :crazyeye:

Anyway, now it's getting really interesting. :)

Congats on the 5000th post DaveShack. We are not required to join in unless MIA would, which wont be happening, for a while anyway.

If we are going to get involved we need to work out a few things so it doesn't backfire on us.

Firstly we need to talk to KISS and find out if this is an all out assault or just a quick grab of a couple of cities. If it is an all out assault then we need to join in because we would need to minimise the land they get. This is going to take a lot of effort given or current military condition. While fighting a war in republic isn't difficult unlike KISS and MIA we don't have the infrastructure in place to support even our current military size. As we have a problem in that we have no spare defensive units for any new cities as we have solely produced settlers and workers recently. If we are to extort TNT, what would we want and what would be of most value to us.

Should we throw together a quick navy and do the same thing to MIA? Get an agreement with MIA to have them go after KISS while they are occupied with TNT? (or does that break the Simpsons Protocol?)
Doing the same to MIA and initiating their GA would certainly not be fruitful. I would gamble on MIA waiting until knights to make any sort of attack, but the possibility is out there that they may land some hoplite/MDI stacks or something for what I am beginning to suspect is an inevitable attack. If we extort silk town or take it by force, we can promise MIA silks for a number of turns plus whatever other lux is running around. They surely know that TNT is weak, and will not make for a good ally.

I dont think we have a no trade clause, do we? If we can satiate them for the time being we can prosecute the war against TNT fully. KISS wont screw us til Industrial. I've played with most of those guys, they have integrity.

Agreed on double checking with KISS whether this is a full assault.

This are interesting news.
TNT seems to be out of the game for quite a long time, at least military wise.
And since we also have some sort of alliance with KISS, MIA is the only source of trouble for the next couple of turnsets.
(Of course I don`t think in Daves twisted ways...)

I think a navy would be fine. If we had like 5 frigattes patroiling the sea, we could detere/delay/destroy any invasion MIA might plan.
Haw far are we away from "real" ships?

Top Bottom