Turns 141-160

Civ Assist 2 will give you the numbers. I cant get any multiplayer saves to open in CA 2 right now :confused:, but Republic +science farms is a combination that communism wont come close to. Perhaps if we were scientific and could whip some cheap unis and libraries it could come close. But Republic takes advantage of our commercial trait, and combined with a second anarchy communism wont come close to matching our current science output.

Just got a PM from fe3333au, he wants to discuss research direction with me. I will pretty stay along the lines of the killercane General W talk unless we have something more definative to add

I somehow missed the save being in our inbox. My apologies. We are still holed up waiting on KISS to attack with their stack. I rushed a caravel to speed up our settling of the west coast. A MW in the North goes to 1/4 attacking a barb horse. If I get around to it I will try to put up some screenshots, but there really isnt anything new to see.

Please ask MIA to send us Physics this turn and we will send metallurgy since KISS has it and should be sending it to us this turn.

Dear Nuts

I are now very confused with conflicting information ... on one hand we have received information that Metallurgy will be available between 3 and 4 turns and then suddenly it is being sent THIS Turn ... please explain !!!

Send to g-mail as I am unavailable this evening and most of next day.

MIA

We could say that apparently KISS discovered Metallurgy and that made tech cost much lower.

I dont understand where they got this information. I played dumb in the conversation with General W and said I couldnt remember. Kuningas' idea is good, but if I were them I would find that explanation hard to swallow.

I think it best just to feign ignorance and wherever they got that information tell them that person was wrong. Or a combination of that and getting some universities built.

MIA is certainly an annoyance.

KISS believes MIA is giving TNT iron, but I do not see how they could have a trade route up and running since MIA has no harbors on our land that we see and our current war should cut all trade routes. But this begs another question/problem, in that MIA might gift TNT into the IA if we dont knock them out before then, which is an estimated 4-5 turns based on our convo with MIA. KISS will have MT in 3, 2 after this turn.

So to prevent TNT from giving MIA another tech, do we suicide MWs and whatnot on Dancing Banana when we get MT? We will only be able to upgrade a couple of cavs at that time, and still need to buy a barracks up there to upgrade them.

Can we get an accurate time frame for when MIA is going industrial? Turn 155 still shows Mag and ToG at 2040 beakers so they dont have either one yet.

TNT has at least 15 defenders in DB. I plan on moving the army up, and loading it with cavs. I will have to get several workers going immediately to get the salt connected.

It was my mistake, i got the time frame wrong when i was talking to him. I told him it was my mistake, that i had loaded up the wrong save when checking

Dear Nuts

We would like to offer Magnetism (2040) for Military Tradition (1920) ... Trading in 4 turns is excellent to our time frame so send as soon as you have discovered it.

However since the beaker cost is disproportionate please advise on your thoughts as to a fair gold amount you feel will even the deal.

Sincerely MIA

I say we trade with them straight up, I dont see any reason to give them any gold. If they want to do MT themselves, then let them do it themselves. They need MT more than we need a quick Magnetism.

killercane said:
KISS believes MIA is giving TNT iron, but I do not see how they could have a trade route up and running since MIA has no harbors on our land that we see and our current war should cut all trade routes.

Did a quick test in the editor and found the way that they can trade resources.

Since MIA is at peace with us they can get to TNT (the road can go through our territory) they are able to trade using our harbor.

Here is my editor test save with a similar situation but from the viewpoint of Greece. In it Greece has the ability to trade with Persia even if Persia is at war with Iro (where the road and harbor is).

That is interesting to know. We cut the 3 roads to the left by our stack this turn, and KISS should follow up and cut the rest of the roads on their side this turn and next. The wheat is already gone. KISS is also upgrading their trebs to cannon and will finish Leos in 4 turns.

We should do well over 500 science when we get a uni or two done. 1200 in the bank. We lost a galley to a barb galley on the west coast last turn. Barracks will go down in Battleground Donutton in 2 turns.

Its all looking good. Try to secure the ivory so we don't have to depend on MIA for it

MIA has Theory of Gravity, as the cost has dropped. They have magnetism as well and are industrial :(, according to them (however CA2 still shows magnetism at 2040 beakers so this is deception on their part I believe). I searched out and found some single food tiles being worked in corrupt areas and put them on scientists. 2 unconnected jungle cities rioted and got scientists. Salt should be connected at the time we make our push on TNT.

MIA claims they are not trading TNT up, but an earlier conversation said they had such an agreement in place so who knows what will happen.

Looked at turn 158 and saw that science is at 80% on ToG. That puts the tech coming in 3 turns with +4gpt. From what I have noticed from single player is that you make more money (less overflow) if you can put it up to just enough science to research the tech every turn then just putting science lower at the last turn.

So for this turn I would have brought science to 90% for ToG in 2 turns with -50gpt, or 60% science at +101gpt. I would personally choose 90% but but you might have a reason to bring it to 60% (more money for instance).

I know that turn 158 is over but I saw no update so for 159 if it has not been done please do so.

I got this PM from MIA. Fe want a chat. Are we playing hardball and keeping the offer at a straight trade.

Dear Nuts

I send this note to address things raised by your last chat with Gen_W.

Correct Diplomatic Channels

As the Foreign Minister I would appreciate that ALL future D-Nut queries and messages are relayed either personally to me through AIM and PM or sent directly to MIA via g-mail.

The problem I am having is that numerous update questions I have sent have remained unanswered and chats happen without my input ... I'd prefer to be negotiating with Robi_D as he is your Foreign Minister, if not why have we not been informed ???

Example ...

I'm not happy about the upcoming trade and would like you to reconsider the even swap killercrane mentioned, since Magnetism = 2040 beakers, Military Tradition = 1920. I'd actually like to see the difference paid in gold.

Anyway I await your reply through Correct channels.

Regards

Feaurius III
MIA Foreign Minister

They can take it or leave it. KISS wont trade them MT, which they will require and depend on for fighting a war. If they want to get into a staring match over 120 gold then let them. We'll take four turns and do magnetism in that case. We need every little bit of gold to upgrade these cavs.

Science was turned down to 40% last turn to accrue money for the cav upgrades.

killercane said:
They can take it or leave it. KISS wont trade them MT, which they will require and depend on for fighting a war. If they want to get into a staring match over 120 gold then let them. We'll take four turns and do magnetism in that case. We need every little bit of gold to upgrade these cavs.

Science was turned down to 40% last turn to accrue money for the cav upgrades.

Ok, i'll pass that on, i'm sure there will be a dummy spit:lol:

Then again they got us to pay extra for astronomy because it was unique, well MT is unique too

Turn 160

We are 3 turns from the workers getting salt connected due to disease hitting and screwing up our worker build 2 turns ago. MIA is industrial according to KISS (their workers have suspenders) but Mag still shows at 2040 beakers and none of the IA techs have gone down in price so who knows; can anyone shed light on this? KISS now doesnt want us to trade MT to MIA for Magnetism. I think either is ok as MIA would then have to research MT themselves or fight a cavless war. There is a galley with 2 settlers that cannot unload yet due to a barb camp sitting on the coast. Barracks is up in Battleground and merely awaits MT and saltpeter being connected.

We need to decide on our research path for industrial. Do we want factories plus hospitals? ToE? What do we want first?

Top Bottom